Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
User Banned
Posted: 21st Apr 2009 23:57
Has anyone made a remake of Halo 1? And where can I find a tutorial on how to make weapons for FPS Creator (Im making Halo Weapons) Ive been using CB 3D Model Maker Pro Beta (Full Version) But I cant get it into the right format.

atob.synthasite.com
2 Rogues
Years of Service
User Offline
Great! but look in the ocfpsc guide for weapon tutorials, k? Good luck mate!

Rogue
Apple Slicer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Apr 2009 02:05 Edited at: 22nd Apr 2009 02:05
Unfortunately, its impossible with fpscs current framerate, and lack of the ability to have shaders on segments. Although I must say I love Halo 1 too...
Bendak11
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Apr 2009 03:47
He could replicate all the indoor levels ex. Pillar of Autumn, the First flood level, and the final mission. Without issues.
ninja9578
Years of Service
User Offline
I love Halo 1, very good game. You won't be able to have any of the huge levels and you can't have that many characters onscreen at once. All of the guns should be easy though, they were fairly simple models

Nothing is impossible
wizard of id
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Apr 2009 10:18
Quote: "He could replicate all the indoor levels ex. Pillar of Autumn, the First flood level, and the final mission. Without issues."

Really

With a little forward thinking and planning you could do all the levels...

But why would you want to remake a copyrighted game?A Huge tip even if it is your favorite game rather make some think that is open source...less likely that your thread will be locked...There are a few games that have gone open source...Doom, Duke Nukem 3D among others.

In any case I find it I unlikely that any one even remotely on this forum can design exact level replicas without having to import a single game material...So why bother in the first place your just wasting your time.

Quote: "You won't be able to have any of the huge levels"
Why not?Why can't you split levels up in smaller sections?You could split levels up in smaller sections much like half-life 2 does.

Have you even tried?

Pointless Assault video
http://w13.easy-share.com/1408971.html
Brennan
User Banned
Posted: 22nd Apr 2009 16:08
im playing through halo 1 to get a fell for it now

atob.synthasite.com
kitty101
Years of Service
User Offline
its do able you just need to split the levels up vastly

Brennan
User Banned
Posted: 23rd Apr 2009 18:17
and also im not making the entire game im not nearly that good im just working on the models for someone who wants to make halo shareware

atob.synthasite.com
Leon Kennedy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Apr 2009 19:02
Quote: "im just working on the models for someone who wants to make halo shareware"

I'm going to advise against that unless you have permission from the creators of Halo to do it. Although I'm sure you are creating the models from scratch, the license agreement may prevent using likenesses, including reproductions of such.

Priest of the Church of Joe Wood
Brennan
User Banned
Posted: 24th Apr 2009 03:25
im not planning on making the game but the models im making im putting up on my website and i will say anyone who uses them must have permission from Bungie and me

Plasma Grenade (Without Aura)

atob.synthasite.com
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Apr 2009 05:25
Nice replica of a wiffle-ball

That is what you were going for, right?

On a more serious note, I'm going to side with everyone else here and say "don't do it". I strongly urge you not to attempt replication of copyrighted materials. Seriously... just make your own game. Or make models that look similar to the halo stuff and use a different name for them.. that way they'd be your creation.

The one and only,

Apple Slicer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Apr 2009 05:27
Yeah. The idea is neat, but you are right Ply, its not worth it. Anyway, if you do do it, make that ball-thing lower poly. Maybe just round, and use a shader to make it look more "3d"
DJ Almix
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Apr 2009 05:53
You should just create a low poly sphere and then texture it like the plasma nade that's what they did in all halos. Then just overlap it w/ a bump map and wa la! Idk show you could get a glow effect though you could create a 2 sided plane and made a transparent blur to fake it. Although I am still thinking you will not be able to make it explode blue (I think) because the explosion file affects every flak weapon so you have to choose all blue explosions or all normal.
The Fps Creator rocks!
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Apr 2009 02:57
If you are using the CB 3D Model Maker, how do you make it a .x?

I want a new computer!
Brennan
User Banned
Posted: 25th Apr 2009 06:23
im planning on using a converter .obj to .x

atob.synthasite.com
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Apr 2009 08:26
Quote: "Although I am still thinking you will not be able to make it explode blue (I think) because the explosion file affects every flak weapon so you have to choose all blue explosions or all normal."

Or he could use Ply's Mod/Project Blue UM which allows flak weapons to have decal explosions and make a blue explosion decal for the nade, leaving everything else with their own explosion.

[/shameless self advertising]

The one and only,

Brennan
User Banned
Posted: 25th Apr 2009 19:42
ha ha ive been trying to get ply's mod working but it wont you got a tutorial?

atob.synthasite.com
Brennan
User Banned
Posted: 25th Apr 2009 22:33
(sorry for the double post here) i have found out (searching google) that alot of people have already made models of halo guns, vehicles, aliens, master chief, and so on so i will stop the model making (mainly because the other models are far better than i could ever make) i will try and make a game with them though!

http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=3453

atob.synthasite.com
DJ Almix
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Apr 2009 23:34
Quote: "(sorry for the double post here) i have found out (searching google) that alot of people have already made models of halo guns, vehicles, aliens, master chief, and so on so i will stop the model making (mainly because the other models are far better than i could ever make) i will try and make a game with them though!

http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=3453
"

And it begins....im jking, but please don't take credit for them, that was a big problem going around and make sure you give credit to the authors.

Brennan
User Banned
Posted: 25th Apr 2009 23:39
yes, thats why i put the website i got them from so you dont think i made them

atob.synthasite.com
Apple Slicer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Apr 2009 03:16
Hey,

I found a really cool tool that will seriously help you out.

Its called Halo Map Tools V3.5

You can strip textures/models from it.

Good luck!
Brennan
User Banned
Posted: 26th Apr 2009 03:25
Thank You Very Much!

atob.synthasite.com
java4
Years of Service
User Offline
That website you were on, I post stuff on it all the time. If you need any help on it, just ask me.

http://hce.halomaps.org/

Oh, and if anyone knows how, could you tell me how to convert this map into an FPSC game? (I made this map)
http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=4473
DestroyerHive
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Apr 2009 15:07
Yeah, good luck. And I think that you're allowed to remake levels, so long as they're your own. But you shud give them credit anyway

A single drop of water can mean a drained ocean for future generations
Avid
Years of Service
User Offline
There was a Halo Total Conversion mod for CNC:Generals. Unfortunately, they had to basically change everything when they received a cease and desist order from microsoft.

TBH, I wouldn't bother making it like Halo, because you'll get so far then be told to stop - or else.

Visit my site http://www.fpsmodels.com for models and media for fps creator.
The Fps Creator rocks!
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Apr 2009 13:49
I googled, ".obj to .x converter and there isn't any!

I want a new computer!
djmaster
User Banned
Posted: 27th Apr 2009 14:42
Yes there is,its called Milkshape or 3dsmax.

A.K.A. chargerbandit
http://chargedstudios.fpschost.com/
Aaagreen
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Apr 2009 16:56
May I ask as to why you would want to demote Halo to a bad, laggy engine with unrealistic shaders, and lighting that looks crap? (Shadows are nice, but no-one likes omni-directional lights)

djmaster
User Banned
Posted: 27th Apr 2009 18:02 Edited at: 27th Apr 2009 18:02
No! How dare you say FPSC is crappy? Oh yeah it is but there has been many attempts at copying Doom 3 and the one i saw on youtube impresses me more than Doom.So it is possible.

A.K.A. chargerbandit
Aaagreen
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Apr 2009 18:06
I didnt say it was crap. I said it was crap-er than the Halo engine.

Brennan
User Banned
Posted: 27th Apr 2009 23:33 Edited at: 28th Apr 2009 04:11
Quote: "May I ask as to why you would want to demote Halo to a bad, laggy engine with unrealistic shaders, and lighting that looks crap? (Shadows are nice, but no-one likes omni-directional lights)"

Ok, not to be rude but if you think its so bad then why do you use it? Use the Unreal Engine then. Also I want to make a remake for fun because i like the game. Kinda like "Fan made trailers" but this isnt a trailer.

Quote: "Yes there is,its called Milkshape or 3dsmax."

Thank you so much for that ive been looking everywhere for one!
EDIT: It worked.... thank you sooooooooooooooooooooooooo much!

atob.synthasite.com
djmaster
User Banned
Posted: 28th Apr 2009 12:52
No problem.I use Milkshape many times to convert to 3dsmax and back.

A.K.A. chargerbandit
Toasty Fresh
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Apr 2009 13:07
Quote: "Ok, not to be rude but if you think its so bad then why do you use it? Use the Unreal Engine then. Also I want to make a remake for fun because i like the game. Kinda like "Fan made trailers" but this isnt a trailer."

That's exactly why he uses Source SDK.

"You are not smart! You are very un-smart!"
Brennan
User Banned
Posted: 28th Apr 2009 17:15
Quote: "No problem.I use Milkshape many times to convert to 3dsmax and back."

Can I use weapon creation system (by the game creators) with a .x file? To make it usable in FPS Creator?

atob.synthasite.com
Marc Steene
FPSC Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Apr 2009 17:59
Quote: "Can I use weapon creation system (by the game creators) with a .x file? To make it usable in FPS Creator?"

Well the program would be a little useless if it didn't

Migration Discussion Thread: http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=142497&b=21
Piracy Discussion Thread:
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=142774&b=21
Brennan
User Banned
Posted: 28th Apr 2009 18:48 Edited at: 30th Apr 2009 02:38
i didnt know if i had to make them from scratch but thanks imma buy it in like 30 mins

ok i bought the toolbox (all four) and when i load a weapon HUD .x file it says

Runtime Error 7018 - Could not load 3D object at line 6082

atob.synthasite.com

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-12 09:28:18
Your offset time is: 2024-10-12 09:28:18