Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / 3D Floor

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Apr 2009 21:40
Hello guys , i have just installed Dark GDK , opened a new project in microsoft visual C++ and i am trying to create a flood for my beta game .. i am still searching over , if anyone can help me too , i would appreciate it.

Regards.
BiggAdd
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Apr 2009 21:52 Edited at: 22nd Apr 2009 21:55
Hi,

I've moved this to the Dark GDK boards. Please post any programming related questions here in future!

I think you are looking for some sort of create object function. Sorry in advance if I have misinterpreted your question.

Cheers,
BiggAdd

Mafia_007
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Apr 2009 22:15 Edited at: 22nd Apr 2009 22:27
Oh , sorry for posting in wrong sectino , it thougt it belonged there , nevermind , now ill post here

Ontopic , im in need of creating a 3d Floor , i managed it by creating dbMakeObjectPlane(1,5,5); .

Now im trying to create Right button and left button , i dont know the value (1) for front (-1) for back

by the way , how will i be able to import 3d houses and more ? do i have to make them in 3d World Studio or other programs and import them to Visual Studio C++ ?

Regards

PS : seems ill have a lot of questions , since im in need of learning such stuff for my future
AlexI
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Apr 2009 22:38 Edited at: 22nd Apr 2009 22:40
I think you need to search these forums. If you cant create an object then I wouldn't recommend trying to create a flood till you have learnt to use DarkGDK.

Start by going through the examples and looking what code makes them up. Once you understand the DarkGDK functions and the basic c++ syntax you will probably want to learn more advanced features like classes and structures which make programming a lot easier.

Mafia_007
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Apr 2009 12:08
Well , i can create objects , rotate them etc ... now i want to know how to add a start spawnpoint for the character ... still searching
sydbod
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Apr 2009 01:49
Quote: "now i want to know how to add a start spawnpoint for the character"

There is no such thing as creating a start spawn point. It is just a special case of positioning a character.

Create a character.
Hide the character.
When you require that character, then unhide the character and position the character to where yo want it in your game.
AlexI
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Apr 2009 18:10
Look at the command list Program Files -> TGC -> DarkGDK -> Documentation -> Information

TRADEmyGAME
Years of Service
User Offline
Dark GDK is a pretty strong lang. Dark Basic Pro is Strong also!
Migh want to Start There.I Started with Dos.. lol made my first game in d.o.s for school midterm exam

IveBeenProgramming;
SinceICanRemember;
ButICan'tRememberHowToProgram;
jezza
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Apr 2009 11:10
Quote: "Dark GDK is a pretty strong lang."

Ummm, confusing sentence. DarkGDK isn't a a language. It's a library; a wrapper for DirectX.
And I'm in school and I learnt real game programming from DarkGDK. Don't discourage him. That was about a year ago, and now I answer quite a few questions on this board, and have written a several thousand line engine in pure DirectX.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-30 23:21:45
Your offset time is: 2024-09-30 23:21:45