Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / FPS Creator Games Program

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Apr 2009 02:28 Edited at: 27th Apr 2009 01:58
I have created a program that shows game information of games created in FPSC, it shows the developers information, the story and screenshots. It will also alow you to download the game if you like it. I have created this because I hate searching through the forums for games that people have made, and am sure other people do to!

So I made this program so only I have to search through the forums for games and you just access the latest version of my program which will show you all the games. This is in BETA stage and have only added two games to it because if no one uses it I won't have wasted my time!

Here is a screenshot of the main part of the program:

BETA 0.5.2
---------------
--Download--

(You have to install it to make the updater work! Updater made by Wizzkid)

----Change Log----

Let me know if you like this idea and any suggestions to make it better and Ill add them to the next beta! If people like this I plan to make one for fpsc programs (signs, ect), fpsc model packs and fpsc scripts and maybe make one big program that contains them all!

Hockeykid
DBPro Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Let me know if you like this idea and any suggestions to make it better"

I would assume it already does this but if it doesn't then real time updating. Which to me means games get updated onto the list for every one with out having to download a newer version of the program.

Dahjah
Years of Service
User Offline
Looks good, but I get a "404 Error- Page does not exist" when I click on the link
Nickydude
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Apr 2009 02:45
Couldn't you just look through the Showcase thread?

traynor
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Apr 2009 02:50
Quote: "I would assume it already does this but if it doesn't then real time updating. Which to me means games get updated onto the list for every one with out having to download a newer version of the program."

Well it doesn't do that at the moment but I have tried using a update program so u click update and it checks if theres any new updates and I was thinking about a auto-update on start up.

Quote: "Looks good, but I get a "404 Error- Page does not exist" when I click on the link "

Well it should work. Its only very basic at the moment but I have uploaded it to the forum aswell.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Hockeykid
DBPro Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Well it doesn't do that at the moment but I have tried using a update program so u click update and it checks if theres any new updates and I was thinking about a auto-update on start up."

Use a function to access a website you make and on that website have the list of games and then return.

Gunn3r
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Apr 2009 06:24
I have to agree with Nickydude's uncertainty on this program. Can't you just look through the Showcase area?

java4
Years of Service
User Offline
Sounds good to me, i'll get it when you have some bugs worked out and auto-updating. What language are you programming it in? C++?
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 26th Apr 2009 21:15
I like this, but I feel the same as some others. As it is, it really doesn't serve enough purpose. It's well done, looks good and works well, but for us here at the forum is kind of redundant.

Perhaps it's something you could distribute to people outside the forum. If you could get everyone's game in it and get it hosted at a popular game site/sites, then others who are not familiar with FPSC and don't know about the forum could see our games as well. You could get permission and link the FPSCreator image to TGC as well.

I'm sure if you thought about it enough, there could be more functionality/purpose for us as well. Along with that, I would remove the full screen function from the forms properties.

Nice program.

Hockeykid
DBPro Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
I kind of like this more then the showcase because its much more organized, i'm sure there are a lot of games that have gotten bushed to the back, and I don't normally go past the first page.

traynor
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Apr 2009 02:02 Edited at: 27th Apr 2009 02:03
Released BETA 0.5.2! Added the update program by Wizzkid so I can send updates faster and disabled maximize program!

If you download and install it can you check for updates and see if it updates to 0.5.3 and let me know if it works or not!

Thanks

Black Rebel Heart
Years of Service
User Offline
Can I trust this program? Please someone tell me if it will polarize my router.
Wizzkid
AGK Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Apr 2009 02:11 Edited at: 27th Apr 2009 02:15
Thanks for the mention hopefully it works fine, it should, well it did when I tested it anyway. Oh and Traynor I may have a way to change it so it doesn't matter where the program is installed, I will email you tomorrow and will also send you a version of the updater with the progessbar fixed because it doesn't move that well.

And yes you can trust it, the updater simply downloads the new version of the exe file from his site, there is even a file (setup.ini) which you can view to see exactly what files are being downloaded and to where.

Thanks
Wizzkid

Your signature has been erased by a mod - Please reduce it to 600x120 maximum size
Dahjah
Years of Service
User Offline
@traynor
Works now...must have been a problem on my end
The program works beautifully. It could help out with getting peoples' games out there and away from just the forum.
Hockeykid
DBPro Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Its nice but now the question is why not do what i said and use a function and add a database to a website and the have the function look at the database for game updates? This would be instead of having to look for updates every time you open the program, instead the new games would automatically be on the list.

traynor
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Apr 2009 02:56
Quote: "Sounds good to me, i'll get it when you have some bugs worked out and auto-updating. What language are you programming it in? C++? "

I am using visual basic, I could do it in C++ but vb needs less coding.

Quote: "Its nice but now the question is why not do what i said and use a function and add a database to a website and the have the function look at the database for game updates? This would be instead of having to look for updates every time you open the program, instead the new games would automatically be on the list."

I don't know how I would do that in VB? and I like wizzkids program as its easy to use.

Hockeykid
DBPro Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Apr 2009 03:15 Edited at: 27th Apr 2009 03:25
Well Wizzkids might be easy to program but my way would be a lot easier for the user, right when the open the program the list would be updated.

Quote: "I don't know how I would do that in VB? "

Well first start by downloading a database program.

Or you could just use wizzkids code on form load so the player doesn't have to do anything.

Gunn3r
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Apr 2009 08:22
Hockeykid, something of that magnitude would take a lot of time. Although it would be beneficial. Either way you choose to continue, Traynor, I wish you great success with your project.

Follow Molten Byte Design on Twitter
http://www.twitter.com/MoltenByte
knxrb
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Apr 2009 11:21
Quote: "I don't know how I would do that in VB?"

That's pretty easy, send me an email and I'll help you out if you like.

knxrb

Wizzkid
AGK Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Apr 2009 18:36
I will make an updater for him that will run automatically when the program launches and will update the list if there is a newer version available, so it will run almost invisibly. It should make the whole process more user friendly and easy

Your signature has been erased by a mod - Please reduce it to 600x120 maximum size
traynor
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd May 2009 00:01 Edited at: 3rd May 2009 00:04
Sorry for the lack of updates! I have been doing my coursework for uni which had to be in on friday! Also my computer broke so I had to re-format and redo the program! Heres whats coming in 0.5.4 BETA:

- 14+ X9 Games
- Quick Download function
- Auto Updater from Wizzkid

It should be done by tomorrow!

James

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-16 09:24:27
Your offset time is: 2024-10-16 09:24:27