Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / characters won`t go beyond stairs using way points

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Apr 2009 16:31
using ver. 1.15
trying to get characters to move up stairs and continue along level. at the moment they just stop at top of stairs, if they do move when they arrive back at stairs they just stop
can anybody please help

user2
Bigsnake
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Apr 2009 23:37
Thats a bug in the program probolly. I don't really know because I downgraded to 1.7 again because 1.9 + took to long to load up a clients game and it was really enough for me. I can sugest that when making the waypoint you go up a layer by pressing = or - , Can't renember.

There is nothing to fear in life , Exsept Ur Mum !
Nomad Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Apr 2009 01:14
There's no bug with FPSC.

Characters can use stairs and move up and down layers using waypoints.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UyqQXYRwcAU
Seth Black
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Apr 2009 21:46
...there can be minute collision issues, that exist sometimes, especially with custom stair segments.

If you are handy, it is possible to effect vertical tweaks to stair segments, and remedy the collision issues...

incense
Years of Service
User Offline
I have the same issue and have never found a way to fix it. I have used custom and stock stairs and got the same thing.

A thousand videos can be made showing enemies using stairs but the fact still remains that more than one person has the issue.

Very few people have ever seen it but it does exist.

Patience and tolerance are the keys to the passage of knowledge. Even the ones that know the most started with many questions.
Nomad Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Apr 2009 04:41
Load FPSC then File > Open > Tutorials > Waypoint02.fpm

Place a character on the first star in the wapoint then a player start marker and behold, an enemy walking up and down stock stairs.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
incense
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Apr 2009 14:14 Edited at: 30th Apr 2009 21:49
To Nomad Soul: You have obviously never had the issue. What you have said is the way that it is supposed to work. However there are some that have done it the way it is supposed to work and it just doesn't work, or it works off and on. The fact that most people cannot recreate the issue is the reason that it may never be addressed. I have now seen more than one person that has had this happen. that tells me that it is not just the way that it is being done but that there is some other cause.

Patience and tolerance are the keys to the passage of knowledge. Even the ones that know the most started with many questions.
lopemanc
Years of Service
User Offline
OK, this issue exists. And I don't think that it is hard to produce. Because both my son and myself have produced it on 2 different computers.
This was after watching the videos. This is using the demo version. This is using standard pieces.
Yes we can load the tutorial and yes it works. We can even hack up the tutorial and it still works.
But the only way I can get past the top of the stairs on anything created from scratch, is to remove the second level and let the character walk past the top pf the stairs. So somehow the floor of the second level is somehow blocking it.
Since the loading the tutorial and running it works and making one doesn't, it occurred to me that saving my level and running elsewhere would have the bug. Attached is a level I created with the issue.
I was near purchasing the product for my son, but this is a show-stopper.

Chris Lopeman

Attachments

Login to view attachments

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-12 09:22:39
Your offset time is: 2024-10-12 09:22:39