Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Visual C++ Memory Leak Checking?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I teach Computer Science at Portland Community College. We are working on including a computer game component to our class programming assignments. DarkGDK/Visual C++ looks like a promising environment for doing this.

It would be useful for our students to be able to use VC++'s built-in memory leak checking. I have been trying to enable and use it with a 2D Game DarkGDK project. My project compiles OK, but I get a link error:

Quote: "error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __CrtDumpMemoryLeaks referenced in function "void __cdecl DarkGDK(void)" (?DarkGDK@@YAXXZ)"

I've traced the problem to the Input page of the Linker section in the project properties. The project comes with "Ignore Specific Library" set to: libcmtd, msvcrt, atls. This setting removes the library that defines __CrtDumpMemoryLeaks.

I've experimented with a number of different settings, but no luck so far. Does anyone know a way to make this work?

Thanks...
Diggsey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Apr 2009 00:20 Edited at: 29th Apr 2009 00:21
You can't use the debug version of the runtime library with DarkGDK, and the release version doesn't have memory leak checking, so it doesn't seem possible unless you dynamically link all your code in a separate dll

MLT Software
Years of Service
User Offline
(Sigh.)

That's what I was afraid of. Dynamically linking a dll isn't an option for first and second year Computer Science student assignments.

Thanks for the quick response.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-30 23:23:03
Your offset time is: 2024-09-30 23:23:03