Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Help with installing / seting up / using box2d

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I've used box2d before (with dbpro and also when I was working on Wii homebrew) but I cant seem to get it to work now. I'm assuming the use DarkGDK doesn't somehow conflict with the use of box2d which was after all made originally with and for C++. Could some one write or redirect me to a simple step by step tutorial on how to setup box2d for use with a Visual C++ 2008 express in a DarkGDK game.
Diggsey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Apr 2009 21:05
- Download the latest zip file, and extract everything.
- Go to Build/VC8 and open Box2D.sln
- Build the solution in both debug and release modes
- Close the solution
- Create a new game in DarkGDK
- Go to the 'additional include directories' under project options, and locate the 'Include' folder in Box2D's folder.
- Go to the 'additional library directories' under the options, and add 'Library' (I think that's where the output files go, but it will be the folder with .lib files in anyway)
- Go to 'linker input', and add 'box2Dd.lib' (or whatever the name of the output file was, but it will be something like that)
- Repeat the last 3 steps for release mode, but using 'box2D.lib' instead.
- At the top of your header file, add '#include "Box2D.h"'

You can now use Box2D See the box2d website for examples.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-30 23:24:47
Your offset time is: 2024-09-30 23:24:47