Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / [LOCKED] in need of some advice

Author
User Banned
Posted: 1st May 2009 07:08
i want to make a commercial game, but it is going to be a while before i start, because i do not have money yet, also i want this game to have content which is not the content everybody uses, via , specially made segmants and moddles, via a group project with some other people, although, the thread will be locked unless i show progress, and since i cannot start for a while, i cannot make the thread. what should i do? thanks

shadow666
Apple Slicer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st May 2009 07:14
Learn to script
Learn to model
Learn to texture
Learn to write good detailed storylines

If you know the basics, then you can get going on your project.
Black Rebel Heart
Years of Service
User Offline
If you put your mind to it, anything is possible! Cheers mate!
john schwarcz
User Banned
Posted: 1st May 2009 08:48
lol im trying to learn, and my back up is simply to make a game by myself, but i want to make a game i can sell at stores, and i probably wont be able to do that alone

shadow666
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st May 2009 08:54
No, you probably won't... but no body is going to want to work with you unless you can bring something to the team.

Find something you're good at or want to be good at, and work on it.

The one and only,

john schwarcz
User Banned
Posted: 1st May 2009 09:07
oh ya, of course! , im gonna be making the actual levels (along with the story line, hopefully some segmants im planning on, and some audio, but im not advanced enough yet for coding and modeling (though im learning)) , i think i can do that pretty well, i have most of it figured out and a bunch of pretty good ideas, i play and watch alot of horrors also i know pyscology so i know alot of scare technices, and i have thought of many ways to scare with using simple coding, (when charecters spawn behind the corner you just turned, and attack you from behind, it scares the #%%$# outta you (doom 3 taught me that lol)), and i got the storyline, and when i get the money , ill be paying also , (im not expecting to have anyome jion the group before i already have the money) but i was thinking, 1 or at max 2 moddelers(includes segmants texturing etc. ),a scripter (mostly for charecter animations), a audio guy, (for songs and sounds) and maybe a tester/advicer guy. and i would be putting it all together thus making the level, of course, this will not be for a while, because i do not have the money, and i am planning on using migraiton (and hopefully blue mod. along with some other mods hopefully if possible) and it will of course not completly be specially created work, ill also use some "free for commercial use things from other people, just not the overused ones. ...i think i said everthing lol. and mods, please dont lock, ill be dont with this thread soon, i just want to get the gyst of things down. thanks

shadow666
john schwarcz
User Banned
Posted: 1st May 2009 09:08
oh and ply while your here, lol, i downloaded your mod, but it said "demo" did i do something wrong or what? lol thanks

shadow666
Black Rebel Heart
Years of Service
User Offline
john schwarcz words cannot describe your awesomeness
Bejasc3D
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st May 2009 09:43
Quote: "sell at stores"

No offence, but this Rarely happens to even the best of FPSC games.
You could still sell it on the net to people, for a few bucks.

Good luck anyway, and I hope to see some good progress out of you

~ Benny Boy 2321 ~ Raw Sandvich ~
Mr Love
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: MAFIA 2
Posted: 1st May 2009 17:59
"but this Rarely happens to even the best of FPSC games"

I am pretty sure the best games made in FPSC arent shown here anyway, or in showcase...

"Right Man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world"
Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st May 2009 20:37
Map creation is what you really need to focus on. because fpsc isn't notorious for being able to have huge amounts of enemies, you want to have a pretty detailed map.

I also think that anderson and the legacy of cthulu was sold at a store.

you and your spunky attitude rocks, john shwarcz. if you can keep pressing on in the face of error messages by the dozen, long load times, levels you just cant get right, tough-to-make-smart AI, and a lot of scripting, you are one of the best game designers here.

cheers
john schwarcz
User Banned
Posted: 1st May 2009 22:42
lol thanks, and you guys are right about the store thing, only few games have made it there, but i bet with migration and all these mods, if we try, we could make amazing games, which could be sold at stores, who knows what the future holds but anyway, this wont be for a while, im still doin bussiness with my pals to get money and i dont have any yet but when i do, an when migration comes out (and hopefully blue mod is implimented on it) i hope to make a very scary next generation game (with help of the other groupmembers hopefully)

shadow666
john schwarcz
User Banned
Posted: 1st May 2009 22:43
just want to put a few of my main game basics on here
-takes place in an asylum
-uses invisible (i forgot how i did it but its simple lol) trasports (you dont see it coming you walk foward and bam!) to initiate transportation like in fear and fear 2 , where you are suddenly hallucinating , into a haunted school, burning house, hospital, the underworld (lol it didnt let me say the H word, even though im talking about the place), a military experimant place, all linking with the story (which is based on a new person at the asylum, who happens to have had a near death experiance and came back being not really human) (you are a docter at the asylum) (there are many twists , reaveling yours and the new persons horrible history) i have many planned scare technices (exmple: you walk into a bathroom, and check all the stalls, after you check the second to last one, you go into the last one (unaware you stepped into a trigger zone) after nothing is there, you exist and are attacked by a zombie in the stall you just checked before the last one) plus the game is gonna be very dark, with well placed (hopefully) lighting and a s4reals flashlight (thanks) , going to use alot of sound/music, (both made by me and hopefully a groupmate) to set a scary mood (by the way the whole game takes place inside the asylum, although escape in the middle of the game hint hint lol ) (the story is almost complete, with sevaral changes possibly made for funner gameplay) (and there is going to be many entities to make it realistic, so ill need a good mod to make it work without lag.

shadow666
john schwarcz
User Banned
Posted: 1st May 2009 22:44
basically. what i want from groupmates, is to make it so i dont have to use the overused matireal, which means, hopefully , new and better enemies(with better animations), and segmants , and audio,a few scripting commands, thanks to the animated hud maker, the atmosphere will be very scary (hopefully) and i am plannign to make every enemy encounter horrifying. i will like i stated before, put the levels together, using the new matirial to make a horrifying game that can be nation wide sold, (if it is sold, the group mates will all get an equal to my percentage of profit, but i cannot promise it will even be sold, which is why my incouragment to jion the group is only the initial money, and i am not starting the group until i have enough money lol well i think ive said enough lol there are still much more things in the planned game, and thank you to everyone who read this lmao
ps: im still looking for a working elevator, i found one ( with search) but it didnt move when i put it in the game , if you could help that would be awsome, lol thanks
and sorry about the double posts, my comp was messing up, lol it was supposed to be one big one lol

shadow666
john schwarcz
User Banned
Posted: 1st May 2009 22:46
lmao it took me forever to see why fps thread would let me post it, i misspelled encounter, with the C in front of the you,, lol sorry about the tripple posts

shadow666
Black Rebel Heart
Years of Service
User Offline
I like the way you think! Good luck with the game mate! Cheers!!
john schwarcz
User Banned
Posted: 3rd May 2009 08:53
lol thanks

shadow666
Kravenwolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd May 2009 09:05 Edited at: 3rd May 2009 09:06
Wow.

Success is not final--failure is not eternal.
john schwarcz
User Banned
Posted: 3rd May 2009 09:38
good wow or bad wow, lol

shadow666
Kerrby
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd May 2009 10:15
EPIC LOLS HAVE BEEN HAD.

Yep... epic lols...
Paul112
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd May 2009 11:10
A few things to think about:

Quote: "im gonna be making the actual levels (along with the story line, hopefully some segmants im planning on, and some audio"

Those are some of the easier jobs, if you're wanting people to work on the other stuff, they're going to need a consistant wage. Not many people will gamble on just getting a cut of the final profit, because:
a. It might not be very much.
b. It might not actually get finished.
c. It might not even get a publishing deal or online sales.

Quote: "i want this game to have content which is not the content everybody uses"

Aim to have everything custom, and again, learn to make everything yourself. Having a team might be a good idea to share the workload, but it also mean's you're dependant on other people. With the job's you've suggested you want in the project above, you're the one who's going to have the most free time, so you'll need to be able to fill in for other people if they start falling behind on work or deadlines.

Quote: "i know pyscology so i know alot of scare technices, and i have thought of many ways to scare with using simple coding, (when charecters spawn behind the corner you just turned, and attack you from behind"

Those are the most frustrating techniques ever deployed into horror games. You should aim to make the player actually fear and dread things that are going to happen, not just jump.

What confuses me is that you speak of wanting all this original media, but your storyline is riddled with clichés of the horror genre. Your custom media wont mean a thing unless the storyline or gameplay is especially original.

I understand that FPSC's AI isn't all that amazing, so horror games with few enemies and mostly atmosphere are very popular to make in the engine, but why do so few try to create something more original than the zombie-mutant infected asylum hospital graveyard that's just suffered a government-funded biological attack?

Paul

john schwarcz
User Banned
Posted: 3rd May 2009 18:31
@paul ya i understand what your saying, and if all goes planned i will be able to pay them a good amount (but it wont be for a while ), and about the second thing, ya your right there two, but i am going to be trying to make my own segmants and audio, and put the level together, which i think is gonna be half the work, i just need someone to do the charecters, maybe a few objects, a little audio, and a few scripts, and yea im going to be paying a good amount(im not having anyone jion until i have the money to aviod confusion and/or aurguments ) and about the atmosphere thing, i agree completly, you have to have an equal amount of the dread feeling and the just out of you seat times, and dont worry, i have it all thought out, (eerie sound and colour triggers dread thoughts in you mind ((pysicology )) (doom 3 is jump scares, silent hill is dread feeling, i will make sure to add both )) , and yes i am going to be using alot of cliches (creepy little girl, asylum, zombies ) but i will also use original media, scares and tactics other games havnt, but yes the area of cliche is one i am worried about and am taking suggestions to make something not cliche, but trust me, there are going to be many twists and turns ) oh and this is a goverment thing hehehe, ya the goverment does intervine, and have run eperiments, but they cause none of the doom which happens to ....everything lol, there are still some things , that must be changed, such as, i need a flashlight that doesnt block the edge of the screen and everyone i tried, has i dont know why it cant be done, but i hope someone figures out soon , and feel free to give suggestions thanks everyone (oh and ps: i think people use the cliche storylines because they work better, and have a higher chance of success )

shadow666
Insert Name Here
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd May 2009 18:48
Let's be blunt here:

NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN.
You just do not have the skills, experience or writing ability () to complete such a product. I'm telling you now, there is NO WAY you will be able to make a commercial game at this time.

Quote: "Sorry Junior but that's the truth. "

As soapyfish would say.

john schwarcz
User Banned
Posted: 3rd May 2009 19:03
lol i hear what your saying, but i dissagree, i think it will be hard, but i believe with the help of groupmates, who are skilled in the places i am not, it could and will happen. i study video games, and notic the small things other people leave out that makes a huge different, i honestly beleive with the help of extremly talented people (hopefully) we can make a succsesful commercial game, like other fpsc users have

shadow666
Hockeykid
DBPro Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
John i am more then willing to be a part of a team, pop me an email if you would like to discuss this.

GraPix
User Banned
Posted: 3rd May 2009 20:18
pop me email if u wish a experienced 3d modeler, cut scene producer, ______, ______, ______ and __________. (email if u like me to fill underscores)

i also wanna b a part of ur team, john.

GraPix Entertainment
Black Rebel Heart
Years of Service
User Offline
Send me an email, schwarcz, I work with an experienced team of game developers.
Aaagreen
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd May 2009 20:53
First of all, if you intend to get anyone on your team, you need to learn to write properly using english grammar. (This involves everything you learn at primary school, paragraphing, punctuation, capital letters etc..)

The lack of these writing qualities in many places worries me, because it means either younger education is getting worse, parents are getting careless or kids are getting thick.

Hockeykid
DBPro Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Honestly just stop talking. Your just going to start a huge flame war and is going to be very unpleasant for everyone. If you think that I don't have good grammar then fine good for you, but i know for a fact that if I really cared that much that everything would've been written in proper grammar.

Nickydude
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd May 2009 21:13
This seems to be turning into a team request, which is not allowed.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-16 09:05:42
Your offset time is: 2024-10-16 09:05:42