Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / How can I create a Pac-Man-like maze?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey everyone,

I'm using GIMP to create a Pac-Man type maze and I've hit a small snag involving collision detection.

Here's what I've done so far with the image.

First I created a big, solid square. Next, I cut "alpha'd" the background out of the image. Then, I cut out pieces of the square so as to form a maze. Finally, I placed my character sprite inside of the maze.

The problem is, the background layer of GIMP is still present in my maze. Thus, a call such as dbSpriteCollision, will always return true because the background layer (while invisible) is always present.

Is there a way I can save an image so that the background gets ignored for collision purposes?

Thanks!
ABXG
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st May 2009 23:00
I know in Paint.NET to remove a section from an image in the way you want, all you need to do is use the eraser. I think you also need to save the image as a .tga image.

------------------------------------
Currently 1300+ lines of code into an "over-the-shoulder" action RPG with combat based on rag-doll physics.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-30 23:31:44
Your offset time is: 2024-09-30 23:31:44