Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Attaching Objects to the Ceiling

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd May 2009 01:30
Hey, I just downloaded FPSC free to do see if I could set up some of my models for it. It's a great program, the gameplay is a lot smoother than I thought it would be.

I've got a short question: is is possible to set up an object to attach to the ceiling, like a security camera?

Bendak11
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd May 2009 02:07
Yes it is. You simply rotate the model so that it's upside down, and then paste it on the level below ur ceiling. You may need to adjust it so that it's just right by using the page up/down keys. I would recommend doing that while in the properties menu of the entity, so that you can get a closer look at what you're doing.
BMacZero
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd May 2009 02:16
Ah, good trick, that. Thanks! Is it possible to set up a model to do this automatically with the FPE file?

Dar13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd May 2009 02:41
You can set the default height of the entity in the .fpe but it won't snap to it.

Kravenwolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd May 2009 02:55 Edited at: 2nd May 2009 03:00
Quote: "You can set the default height of the entity in the .fpe but it won't snap to it."

That's how I do it. Add this line in the object's .fpe file:

I don't know how much you know about scripting already, but that makes the object automatically set to that height when it's placed in the editor. You'll have to mess around with the number value a bit to get it to line up with the ceiling, but once you do that, from that point foward, the object will always be placed at ceiling-height as default.

-Kravenwolf

Success is not final--failure is not eternal.
BMacZero
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd May 2009 03:25
Okay, thanks all!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-16 09:35:39
Your offset time is: 2024-10-16 09:35:39