Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Music & Sound FX / Plains of Peace

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd May 2009 22:59
Hello all.
Seeing as we're obviously getting into yet another one of these chagrinning dry-periods over here, I decided to post up a previously unreleased track that I wrote about a year ago.
This was intended as a demo score for a space game, but was rejected due to it being too peaceful. Admittedly it is, but hey - the guy asked for an "ethereal and soothing track".

This is probably quite different from what the customs around here might expect from me; the orchestra has been replaced by some new-age'ish pads, a few vintage synth sounds and a theremin(!).
(Do not fret though, there is a grand piano in there as well, albeit somewhat processed).

I myself find the track rather peaceful and "meditative". Due to it being a demo in origin it is rather short though.

Well, that's about it - download here and please tell me what you think of it

Grandma
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd May 2009 23:13
It sure is etheral, but I'm not so sure about soothing. I was headbanging trough the entire thing. Sounded like it was inspired from the works of Michael Jarre. Oh he loves the theremin and etheral sounds.

It was pretty nice with a fitting name.

This message was brought to you by Grandma industries.

Making yesterdays games, today!
Rudolpho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd May 2009 11:33
Ah yes, nice catch, it indeed was
I'm going to see Jarre here in Stockholm in less than two weeks, by the way - now that will be quite something

MD Crow
Years of Service
User Offline
The ambience of it all. That is what makes this a great piece. It also has a nice melody, which, to me, for a song to great, it must have. It could work for a Sci Fi. game or possibly an RPG.
Rudolpho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th May 2009 00:29
Thanks

NGXmusical
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th May 2009 04:24 Edited at: 19th Aug 2010 06:54
dfgdf
Rudolpho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jun 2009 12:04
Sorry to hear about that, NGX. Thanks for the appreciation though.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-23 10:25:26
Your offset time is: 2024-04-23 10:25:26