Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / How can I make a certain gun knock an enemy down whenever I shoot them?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd May 2009 15:35
The title says it all. I've been trying to figure this out for some time to use in S.M.I.L.E. but I've had no luck. It seems weapons like the machine gun and shotgun can all knock enemies down, but not automatically. I could theoretically use the "lives" feature to cheat a knockdown effect, but I want other weaponry that does damage and this wouldn't work if enemies have multiple lives. Is there a damagetype that can achieve this or something similar in the weapon's fpe? Is there any way at all of getting the knockdown effect?

83% of women tested found Pus in Boots irresistable. (Based on a survey of 172 women.)
Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
Change the damage type to 3 (I think). Check to see what shotguns are normally set for.

From my fuzzy memory...

1 = no knockdown
2 = pushback and sometimes knockdown
3 = knock-down
Pus In Boots
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd May 2009 17:24 Edited at: 3rd May 2009 17:25
Well, it works, but I've ran into a big problem. It seems that whenever the enemy is knocked down, they do the following:

-Get knocked down
-Without transition, goes to the crouched position in a frozen state
-Levitates in mid-air then starts waving it's arms in a swimming-like motion
-Falls over again and stands up. May or may not return to normal.

(There may or may not be variation on the glitch, this is just the stages I've seen two characters go through.)

Also, when I knock an enemy down who is running, he will get knocked down whilst sliding in the direction it was running. Can anyone shed some light on this matter? I'm using Ply's Mod V108 + Airmod with V1.09 of FPSC, with the scripts from V1.09 (eg: cautious10, chase10,etc.) However, I tried it with the old scripts and it still did this, so I don't think it's to do with that.

83% of women tested found Pus in Boots irresistable. (Based on a survey of 172 women.)
CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd May 2009 19:45
Try adding something to the AI script like :shotbyweap=WEAPON:animate=X...

"Give a man a fish, and he'll eat for a day. Give a man a fishing rod, and he'll break it up into firewood...or swap it for a fish."
-Frankie Boyle, on Mock the Week
Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Well, it works, but I've ran into a big problem. It seems that whenever the enemy is knocked down, they do the following:

-Get knocked down
-Without transition, goes to the crouched position in a frozen state
-Levitates in mid-air then starts waving it's arms in a swimming-like motion
-Falls over again and stands up. May or may not return to normal.

(There may or may not be variation on the glitch, this is just the stages I've seen two characters go through.)"

I just found the main cause of this. Some characters have a typo in the animation data. There may be more than this one typo but if using the stock anims, look for anim63 That is the Weapon Get Up Front animation.

It should be anim63 = 882,911

in the anim data of most if not all of the stock characters (I only spot-checked), the value is typo'd and set to 822,911 and in those 60 frames are the crouching, swimming, etc animations you are seeing.

Anyhow, I'm psyched to have this resolved as far as I have tested because it's really bugged me for a long time!
Pus In Boots
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th May 2009 15:12 Edited at: 10th May 2009 15:22
Thanks for the help man.

btw, do you have any idea how to make them not slide when they fall while running? Maybe it's do do with the physics or something...

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-12 11:18:03
Your offset time is: 2024-10-12 11:18:03