Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Compiling source = free copy of FPSC? O.O

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "If you download the FPS Creator Game Engine source code and recompile it, you are still permitted to sell your work free of any license."

Well this seemed strange. I`m right thinking about getting Dark Game Studio, and I had a license of FPSC from a friend but I gave it back since I really didn`t care.

So basically, if I compile the source code, I get the full version of FPSC? Could I export DBO levels?
Apple Slicer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th May 2009 18:22
No. You have to OWN it to do so.

You need the map editor, and other features in it. Looking at the source will show you why...
KraHen
Years of Service
User Offline
Thought so. It would`ve been funny though xD
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 5th May 2009 20:14
Yeah, compiling the free source code only gives you the game engine. You need the editor to create and compile what the engine will run.

Brian.

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th May 2009 01:44
Although, someone smart enough could make their own Editor based upon the sourcecode.

But Lee's license prohibits nice people from doing that.

The one and only,

Apple Slicer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th May 2009 01:56 Edited at: 6th May 2009 02:02
Quote: "Although, someone smart enough could make their own Editor based upon the sourcecode."

True, but why? A person willing to spend their time MAKING an editor would most likely just illegally download the program, or just buy it.

I mean, its only 20 bucks!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-16 09:29:28
Your offset time is: 2024-10-16 09:29:28