Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Animations // Texturing // In-game use of videos // Audio Questions

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I am thinking of buying FPSC to make a commercial game ( makes part of a school project )we will have aprox. 1 year to do it and we think of a fps oriented game however I would like some information on the capabilities of this product.

Animations - can I create my own animations ( like strangulate someone , drink something ) or can I make a more complex animation like when you are healing in Left 4 Dead you should zoom out of first person and get into 3rd person and look your character bandaging itself ? Or like go sneaking and then grab enemy by his neck and stab him ? Can I make my character walk on a wall or grab on pole while jumping ( while in first person ) like in Mirror's Edge ?

Texturing ( I think I know the answer but want to be sure ) - can I use my own textures ? Can I use my own models with my own textures in game ?

In-game use of videos - if any of you have played Grand Theft Auto or a similar game you would know that before each mission there would be a cutscene where you could see some guys talking or fighting or such. Is it possible to do it ? Each time you end a mission or a level or a map a video to be shown ? Using the characters in game like show your character greeting another , talking with him , and then leaving ? Everything here should be from the angle of another person viewing them how they talk and do things.

Audio - I can use my own sounds right ? Is there a way to lip-sync so that when a character says "I am leaving now." it would make some sense when he opens his mouth ( literally ) not just randomly move his jaws.

Thanks for reading this hope it's in the right section and sorry for these walls of text.
The Next
Web Engineer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th May 2009 16:14 Edited at: 8th May 2009 16:15
A few things

1) What school project is this i have never heard of any schools teaching FPS Creator as its too easy and is drag and drop.
2) You most likely wont make a commercial game with this engine although there have been success stories there are not many at all.
3) You can not lip sync characters in FPSC it doesnt work
4)You can use your own sounds
5) You can play cutscenes in game and could have them more advanced with scripting
6) Yeh you you can create your own animations but you are slightly limited to what characters can do.
7) You can not do the mirrors edge jump effects with FPS Creator not advanced enough of an engine.
8) You cannot make a heal system with FPSC as there is now player body in game only a camera.

As much as i love this software my sincere advice to you is i suggest if this is really for a school project you go find another engine as you wont get a good grade for something made in a drag a drop editor.

Wizzkid
AGK Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th May 2009 19:27
Well Dark Basic Pro is great for making games, it isnt drop and drag but it isnt that hard, and you can use the free version of FPSC to design and build your levels and use them in FPSC.

I would think all you want to do could be done in Dark Basic Pro, and could be done far better in DBPro than in FPSC.
Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th May 2009 23:32
okay here:

1: what kinda school lets you make a shooting game as a project
2: instead of in game animations, just use cutscenes.
3: in fpsc, you can run on a wall by jumping toward it while pressing the foreward key and aiming slightly in its direction (not to increase jump distance, just reduce fall damage
4: yeh, you can do cutscenes
5: no lip sync, but just scroll text and use good camera angles in the cutscene to make it look nice
6: yes, audio can be imported
7: yes, texture your own stuff and moodel it
8: theres a working ladder script. maybe if you added it to a pipe, it'd be a climbable pipe
Dar13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th May 2009 15:43
Quote: "1: what kinda school lets you make a shooting game as a project"

A gaming school? Fullsail, DigiPen?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-12 11:15:15
Your offset time is: 2024-10-12 11:15:15