Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark Physics & Dark A.I. & Dark Dynamix / When are we going to see the next Dark Physics update?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
It is almost a year since the last dark physics update. What is in the pipeline for the next update?
jeffhuys
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jun 2009 02:32
x2. Anyone?

You're the 'th to view this signature!
Mista Wilson
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jun 2009 02:49
There is a may09 update available on the "order history" page....

I am not sure however, if it is an actual upgrade, or just a recompile with the latest toolset...

Any mods know the answer to that one ? lol

If it ain't broke.... DONT FIX IT !!!
chunks chunks
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jun 2009 19:16
that is an upgrade for gdk it adds fluids and soft bodies , but i haven`t been able to get it to work , linker errors .

nvidia geforce 9500gt + amd athlon 64
windows xp pro.
Mista Wilson
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jun 2009 13:04
ditto with linker errors on the latest update

everything works(mostly) fine, except for the known bugs of course, with the orginal darkphysics download.. but when using the updated libraries they generate a link error:1257(at best) and a bunch of other warnings and errors depending on how i have the project setup.

Also, apologies for assuming the question was in relation to the DarkGDK version... is the only version I use, so i'll have to stay conscious that its not the one and only version lol

pdq
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "
Also, apologies for assuming the question was in relation to the DarkGDK version... is the only version I use, so i'll have to stay conscious that its not the one and only version lol
"

I guess I am referring to resolving the more fundamental issues of DP regardless if it is for DBPro or DGDK like complex modeling and workable skinned ragdoll implementation.
Duke E
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "I guess I am referring to resolving the more fundamental issues of DP regardless if it is for DBPro or DGDK like complex modeling and workable skinned ragdoll implementation."

I prefer it fixes memory leaks for deleted objects that evidently has been there from the start. In a sustained application at some point you need to delete something eventually.
Restarting the physics engine (phy end, phy start) wont do it either, the application leaves things in memory anyway. Phy Clear seems broken.

Regards
Mista Wilson
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jun 2009 08:45
Quote: "I prefer it fixes memory leaks for deleted objects that evidently has been there from the start. In a sustained application at some point you need to delete something eventually.
Restarting the physics engine (phy end, phy start) wont do it either, the application leaves things in memory anyway. Phy Clear seems broken.
"

I think they added some garbage collect commands in the latest update didnt they ? I assume they were added for that reason, although i havent used them myself or gotten around to testing. I think the update's information file had something about them.

in darkbasic syntax :

Set Physics Auto Garbage Collect Boolean state
Set Physics Garbage Collect Interval Float secs
Physics Garbage Collect

... i havent even looked at them yet other than in the docs.

Duke E
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jun 2009 11:53 Edited at: 16th Jun 2009 11:54
Quote: "
Set Physics Auto Garbage Collect Boolean state
Set Physics Garbage Collect Interval Float secs
Physics Garbage Collect"

Those commands are from the Cloth&Particles command set that was added to 7.3, not Dark Physics.

Regards

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 13:52:30
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 13:52:30