Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / The EFX mod doesn't exist!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th May 2009 15:38
I can't find it anywhere! And when I clicked the official thread and clicked the website, it said "Being worked on"! I really want it.

I want a new computer!
Mr Bigglesworth
Years of Service
User Offline
well, you really can't, it exists, but the creators had its license broken, then a thread got bashed, all in all, wait for the migration.

Black Profductions
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th May 2009 16:35
Quote: "but the creators had its license broken"

What does it mean? they dont want to give it, its all

Doomster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th May 2009 16:37 Edited at: 12th May 2009 16:38
You can find it at the german board (http://www.fpscreator.de) but you'll need to know german, as it's currently an "German Only" Release.

Red Eye
Years of Service
User Offline
yeah they only sell it to germans only, but you can download the free one

Avenging Eagle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th May 2009 19:22
Isn't that technically racist to only allow Germans to use it? I mean, Ply's Mod isn't limited to English/Americans...

AE

Apple Slicer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th May 2009 19:25
It does sound a little...wrong...

Avenging Eagle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th May 2009 19:29
I suppose their is nothing to stop me downloading it, but I don't know any German

AE

Red Eye
Years of Service
User Offline
i know german lol,,, but i dont like their mod

The Next
Web Engineer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th May 2009 19:41
They have completely the wrong attitude towards everything if they where a professional company they would have been eaten alive by now. As far as im concerned they can keep their mod if its going to come with such bad support and the like.

Red Eye
Years of Service
User Offline
i know someone that emailed them and asked for the pro version [full version], and they replied with saying that they dont like the attidude of TGC forums... so they wont sell anything to the english/american TGC [persons] very stupid if you ask me, as they could be swimming in money, if they would sell it to the TGC forums.... , lol well... i tested their mod, and it is full of bugs so....

The Next
Web Engineer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th May 2009 19:51
Same the most buggy mod i have used to date last release i used the water was black the bloom made FPSC crash so thats awful.

Dark Goblin
Years of Service
User Offline
and again...
well I have nothing to do with efxMod in the future (don`t know if there will ever be a new version!).
But that it was the mod with the most bugs, is not true. its just the problem with the hardware of you guys.

but i think we have spoken about that in an other thread, so there is no need to talk about again.

that helix has done "something" (better say all) wrong with community, is true. and I think that we have realised it.

maybe in the future, there will be a better way. but for now, thats all i can tell!

... efxMod Developer!
The Next
Web Engineer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th May 2009 21:16
The last bit is very good news to hear i must say.

As for the bugs i experienced i get it on my other pcs in my house too no idea how that can be my hardware doing it.

Dark Goblin
Years of Service
User Offline
well we have experienced some big bugs with NVidia cards (if you have them in all your PC`s, that may be the problem!).
We don`t know why, but they have a lot of bugs.

... efxMod Developer!
The Next
Web Engineer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th May 2009 21:26
Yeh i always use nvidia chipsets strange i find they are more reliable for most things.

Dark Goblin
Years of Service
User Offline
^^
that depends on the user (i just use ATI )
but only because NV has such expensive cards (if i compare the performance to ATI cards in the same price!)

... efxMod Developer!
The Next
Web Engineer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th May 2009 21:35
Yeh i agree they cost loads more come to think about it i have a pc that i got a few weeks back with an ATI card in it i may have a go on that one when i get time just see if it does work.

DarkFrost
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th May 2009 23:06
Nah i got an NV card, one of the latest ones too and i gotta say i haven't noticed any bugs at all with the efxmod from that german board I must say its a nice mod tho, and so what if its in german, i figured out what everything did in less than 2 minutes. Nice bloom effects and all but it would be nice if there was better airmod support (recoil doesnt work, but iron sights do) Anyways good work hopefully a new release shall see NA's english language soon

-Cyclone
The Fps Creator rocks!
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th May 2009 23:59
I really want the EFX mod. And why is their license broken? I want it cause I can't run FPSCX10.

I want a new computer!
daarboven
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th May 2009 00:55
Quote: "its just the problem with the hardware of you guys."

Hmm, don't get me wrong, but if you develop software for 3d applications and take it serious, you cannot exclude a large base like nvidia-these are built into at least half of todays more serious gaming machines. From my experience as a web developer I know a lot of the pain that cross-browser publishing alone can cause and I guess that with software development for different 3d cards it only gets worse. But soon as you want to sell, people will expect your product to work on a large scale of different setups. Long as this is a free and noncommercial project on the other hand, you play the music and your guests can only care to dance to it or not.

I am Jacks complete lack of surprise.
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th May 2009 01:03
Any application needs to support both ATI and Nvidia cards.To do otherwise means you exclude about 50% of your customer base.

Failing at every guitar game ever made!
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th May 2009 06:20
You know, modding FPSC and putting in graphical support, I was surprised to find that the graphical implementations I made worked perfectly fine on my computer (which has an ATi GPU) but was very buggy on s4's computer (which an nVidia GPU) and yet... TGC promotes the use of nVidia.

I seem to always problems with TGC's stuff working on an nVidia card but have not yet found a problem on my ATi card.

The one and only,

Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th May 2009 09:45 Edited at: 13th May 2009 09:45
Quote: "You know, modding FPSC and putting in graphical support, I was surprised to find that the graphical implementations I made worked perfectly fine on my computer (which has an ATi GPU) but was very buggy on s4's computer (which an nVidia GPU) and yet... TGC promotes the use of nVidia.

I seem to always problems with TGC's stuff working on an nVidia card but have not yet found a problem on my ATi card. "

Thats Funny Cause The Last EFX Mod Works On All of My PC(s) But Runs Slowest on The Computer With An ATI Card, The ATI Raedon HD 2600 XT (Only If I Use Full LightMapping) And the rest Are Nvidia. It Also Worked On a GF6200 (Without High texures). I Didn'y Had Any Problem With Their Mod, Only The Black Ligiting But That Happened to All Mods For Me. But If They Cut off The Mod 2 Americans Then I'll Just Use The German Version or Better Yet i'll Use FPSCX10. I Have All The Versions Of their Mods Here Backed up But Since I Dont Use my Games For Comerical Use I Don't see Any license Issues Am Breaking. Plus da Shaders for MP22 Don't Work Without The ATI Fix And with The Fix It Looks awful. I think They should make the mod for US too, All They Need to do is fix up some of the buggs and give better suport and its all good. But am not Complaning...

Computer Specs: Intel Core 2 Duo E7400 2.80GHz @ 1066Mhz FSB 3MB Cache, Dual Channel 8192MB DDR2 PC6400 800MHz RAM, XFX Nvidia Geforce 9800 GTX+ 512MB, MSI P7N SLI-FI Motherboard - nForce 750i SLI
crispex
Years of Service
User Offline
I personally hate ATI's, but that's just because I'm an Nvidia guy.

Either way.

I could really care less now if EFX came out, simply because better mods are being made, some for free too, while EFX is limited to only a certain customer base, AND it costs money.

Temporarly away from the Phoenix Sentry.
Nighthawk
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th May 2009 15:59 Edited at: 13th May 2009 16:02
Quote: "AND it costs money."

It does not. Did anyone see it on sites like Amazon, share*it or others?
No.
Because: We haven't been selling efxMod.

efxMod has been free for anyone and it will be like that in the future. (Well, we're actually in a German-Community Beta Testing Stage. Therefore...)

Sure, we've been offering beta/alpha testing access for a limited number of users, but we decided to keep it internal, only (regarding testing builds.)

Intel Xeon 3350 Quad@2,67GHz, Asus Commando, 2GB RAM, Thermaltake Shark, Sapphire Radeon HD2900XT, Samsung Syncmaster 245B 24"
Bejasc3D
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th May 2009 16:20
I dont really even understand why it was taken away in the first place.

One person, One violation. All gone.

~ Benny Boy 2321 ~ Raw Sandvich ~
Nighthawk
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th May 2009 16:29
Five persons. Five violation. One final activator.
And it was taken away because we're developing it. We took it off because it has been set back to internal-testing state. We're just doing some community tests but actually, no one except the team itself has access to efxMod in it's current status. (As it is not ready for the public and we're only doing a release when we finished our work.)

Intel Xeon 3350 Quad@2,67GHz, Asus Commando, 2GB RAM, Thermaltake Shark, Sapphire Radeon HD2900XT, Samsung Syncmaster 245B 24"
Red Eye
Years of Service
User Offline
cleared up then...

The Fps Creator rocks!
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th May 2009 22:16
Oh.

I want a new computer!
crispex
Years of Service
User Offline
Microsoft's software has been distributed over 5,000,000 times illegally, yet they still have fame and fortune, and they still haven't pulled any of the products.

Temporarly away from the Phoenix Sentry.
Nighthawk
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th May 2009 23:45 Edited at: 13th May 2009 23:56
Microsoft is selling it's software. It's product range includes operating systems, office software, software development products, etc.

We're releasing one free software to a rather small community that is mostly underaged and we're releasing it with the agreement (with the users) not to use it against the license specifications.

At the beginning of the development, we just specified one big point as the license. No Commercial Use.
Because we're not making any profit of it, everybody using that piece of software should be able to achieve the same state - to publish/release their games for free, with enhancements, additions, etc.

It's some kind of confidence-agreement between us and the users.

We trusted the users not to abuse it. That confidence has been abused a few times and therefore, has been destroyed.

Now clear what I always wanted to say?
This is the first time I ever wrote my thoughts down.

It's a thing of giving and recieving confidence. In fact, abusing confidence is like abandoning your honesty.

And by the way:
Are we really racist when we're doing a German-Community-Only-BETA-Release because communication and handling of bugreports is much faster and easier?
Time zone differences, distance and language differences - most people around here (I mean the FPSC-Users around here) don't seem to have any experience with handling of bugreports, coding and interaction with a community (from the perspective of a software author).

beachard5
Years of Service
User Offline
okay guys done stop ok its there product and when they are ready to release it again they can release it to anyone they want they made it and yes people did abuse the product the last time that they put the beta here. I really hate the people that were aruging and violating the product and there dissusion for no commercial use and that they couldnt enter Contests with the BETA a testing beta it was just dumb.

I really hope that when they are done testing it they will release it to use again. (they would make ALOT of money ALOT of it)

great job with the mod guys really awsome

Roger Wilco
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th May 2009 01:28
Thanks for clearing things up, Nighthawk. I was worried I'd never see the eye-candy goodyness of efx on here again, but now I guess when you've come to a stable release, you'll post it on here as well? Also, you do have very good points with what you've said.

budokaiman
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Hard to get
Posted: 24th Jun 2009 18:41
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-CUZ0fUl1A&feature=related
found this and saw the date posted, which was not that long ago. also at the bottom says \"efx mod 2009 codename proteus.\" Does anyone know anything about it.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-12 11:21:28
Your offset time is: 2024-10-12 11:21:28