Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Running an exe

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Today in my programming class my teacher said that we would have to know how to run a program off of our main program. So we would basically have to know how to run 2 programs at once I tried to use dbExecuteFile() but I don't really know how to use it. Help me please.
ABXG
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th May 2009 01:26
Unless the class you are involved with is specifically using DarkGDK you may want to look into using Windows shell functions. Look at this:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb762153(VS.85).aspx

An example would be:

ShellExecute (NULL, NULL, "fileName", NULL, "FileLocation", SW_SHOW);

This solution worked for me in a quick test program I just created.

ShellExecute is located in the windows.h header.

------------------------------------
Currently 1500+ lines of code into an "over-the-shoulder" action RPG with combat based on rag-doll physics.
Gould660
Years of Service
User Offline
Shell execute does work but the problem is is that I'm doing this on my schools computers so the directory is always changing. And I have no access to the c drive.

So I wanted to store it into the same file that my program is grabbing the dirext x files from(images etc.).

I tryed to look at the documentation for it but it doesn't help me at all.

Also I am using dark gdk on my own expense for the class I just need to integrate my other programs into dark gdk for the graphics.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-01 01:21:25
Your offset time is: 2024-10-01 01:21:25