Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Multiple Users with FPS Creator

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Is it possible to have multiple users working on the same project in FPSC at the same time?
Red Eye
Years of Service
User Offline
I see what u are getting to. I saw another engine doing that, just AMZING. Like 4 people where working on one map. Amazing.
REALLY COOL

Sorry no.

Insert Name Here
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th May 2009 21:10
Yes. Four people in the same room.

castek
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th May 2009 18:48
well, yes it is but i might not be practicle.

You could have a group meeting (Weather it was in the same room or in a chat room) and in that meeting you woud discuss what type of game you wanted

Then you could assign a part of it for each parson. So lets say user 1 can make the maps then User 2 can script User 3 makes custom media and then you can supervise or help the others. You also could have each user working on a different level of the map. and once there done they send them all to you you add the finishing touches and then compile it into one game.

So yes, it is possible but its hard and things get confusing fast.

Unless of course you want them all to work on the same MAP at the same time, then that would be impossible.

Your signature has been erased by a mod because it's larger than 600x120
djmaster
User Banned
Posted: 16th May 2009 18:54
There are apps that allow all team members to connect to one desktop and do stuff.

A.K.A. chargerbandit
[href]http://chargedstudios.ultimatefpsc.com/[href]
Aertic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th May 2009 19:36
Yep, but you may want to work over FTP.

So lets say, you have james in England, and his best buddy Raoul in america, lets say there working on a game and there now onto level 8 and they want to get a 10 level demo out within the next two weeks, so they want to work on both maps with each other, so they both work on one toghether than do the same with the other.

So they also have a website server which they both have acsess to, meaning they can upload there map there and the other can download it(*.fpm).

Simple really... And there are applacations that allow you to see and do stuff on other's desktops, one of these is Team-viewer 4, brilliant app, I reccomend it to anyone who wan't to do somthing like this.

"Your greatest teacher is your harshest critic"-'Butterfingers'

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-12 11:20:19
Your offset time is: 2024-10-12 11:20:19