Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Glass with Signs IV?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th May 2009 14:52
Does anyone here know if you can create glass/windows with Signs IV?

I know how to create walls and rooms and such using the program (which, by the way, I think EVERYONE should own), and there is an effect I'm trying to create that I need glass for. What I'm trying to do is create a glass elevator (much like the attached pic). Dropping in a lift segment and putting windows on it would work, but the windows look like crap.

I searched the forums, but couldn't find anything on a glass elevator, which is why I am now asking. So does anyone know if this can be done in Signs IV? And if so, how?

Priest of the Church of Joe Wood

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Leon Kennedy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th May 2009 22:47
Anyone have an idea? Or should I email Terry on this one?

Priest of the Church of Joe Wood
Bibo4PC
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th May 2009 23:19
that won't be possible directly but u can come around by a little trick, just make a wall and texture it with a solid color for the wall and a transparent color for the window, I use this trick all the time especially with entities..

just make sure to save the texture in a format that allows transparency like PNG or TGA..

~Level my Dragon~[/url]
Best Wishes..

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-16 01:22:12
Your offset time is: 2024-10-16 01:22:12