Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Ironsights+Airmod+Patch 1.09 for dummies

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th May 2009 02:47
I started out with patch 1.15 and had to reinstall everything.

I did really feel like a dummy but WTH - I will rebuild my WIP. I just thought I post the steps I took to get everything right this time:

1.I backuped my FPS directory - onto another drive just to be sure.

2.I uninstalled the game and the patches

3.THEN I deleted everything inside the directory

4.I Installed the game anew and then the patch 1.09

5.I added the airmode scripts according to the readme and overwrote my game.exe with the one from airmod (personally I used S4ModV2 instead of the standalone airmod)
AirMod:http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=127029&b=21
S4Mod:http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=130878&b=21

6.And then I did chose ONE WEAPON and modifed the gunspec according to this thread:http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=150142&b=23I copied all the codes into a word file and did put it into the docs directory of the FPSC folder for quick reference. Btw, Ironsight is not so cool if the weapon got no hands attached so in case you have only stock weapons check out this thread: http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&b=24&t=121596&p=0

7. I then built a simple 2 (large) rooms game with 1 armed enemy whos main script is people/strafe

8. Then I played the game to see if my weapon behaves like it should and like I wanted it too. the strafing enemy is good to show if my ironsight setting is OK (p.e. handguns where moving/turning to slow for my taste)

Anytime I edited the gunspecs I did NOT return to the editor. I just edited the gunspecs in my testgame/gamecore/guns folder and played it again - rince, repeat. Now that I had one weapon which works exactly like I want it to, I copied the gunpecs file into my FPS Creator gamecore folder to have it available for building. Its probably just me, but before I start re-building my game I will work on all player weapons until I am satisfied with the result

I plan further to reinstall all my weapon packs (and anything associated like hands etc.) first and check one (airmod-supported)weapon from each if everything works before I use them

In case you find my grammar and spelling weird ---> native German speaker ^^
DarkFrost
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th May 2009 03:24
Umm may i ask if this is supposed to be a guide or you explaining what you did lol BTW im glad you went to my thread for ironsights

The Storyteller 01
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th May 2009 03:48
well.....it worked perfectly for me

but since I started using the FPSC only last weekend I 'd find it a bit daring to allready post *guides*

Quote: "BTW im glad you went to my thread for ironsights"
yeah, it was all your fault

DarkFrost
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th May 2009 04:08
Quote: "yeah, it was all your fault "
What do you mean?

The Storyteller 01
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th May 2009 04:13
Quote: "
What do you mean?
"

I wanted the ironsights so bad that I found it worth to discard my WIP and re-install everything.

I hope you did see the smiley

DarkFrost
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th May 2009 04:16
ahaha oh. Yeah glad you like em, i love ironsights a lot too. Yet i cant use em with the mod im helping out with, because of a bug or two....but im sure they'll fix it soon

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-16 01:30:53
Your offset time is: 2024-10-16 01:30:53