Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / what would be boring and what not......??

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
whould it be boring making a large hallway in witch you must find a key to oped a door with 10 enemys in some dark places to popup and alot of entitys that will make it hard to find the key...my question is would you do that or would you stop playing??

divernika
Bejasc3D
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th May 2009 13:57
If it was a long straight corridor, with rooms branching off, I would throw the game away.

If it was a House, with many rooms, like a basement, attic, and bedrooms etc, and was good enough, then it would be come one of the most used shortcuts on my desktop.

It all depends on how well it is done, though.

AND DONT FORGET Enemies slow a level down, Have as little as you can, and spawn them with trigger zones.

Hope I helped

~TiTaniUm

~ Benny Boy 2321 ~ Raw Sandvich ~
Red Eye
Years of Service
User Offline
Every object in a scene as a goal. A reason that is there.

Pus In Boots
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th May 2009 17:34
Quote: "Every object in a scene as a goal. A reason that is there."

I couldn't disagree more!

83% of women tested found Pus in Boots irresistable. (Based on a survey of 172 women.)
nikas
Years of Service
User Offline
well thanks guys...i made a level not a hallway itis qouite big but i believe it is good in the end of the level there are some stairs and a door but you must find the key to open it that is in a room of the hallway

divernika
Wolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th May 2009 19:48
@Nikas: Running around and searching for a key is always a bit broning. I use such things rarely. You can invent some little storys,though.

In one of my games, I had Bond1`s Corpse without legs in a bed with a letter beside it where you get the info that he has a key in his pantpocked. So, you need to look for the legs.

Key Quests should be somewhat interesting and you should get hints where`s you`ll find em.

Quote: "Every object in a scene as a goal. A reason that is there."

In a realistic game, somewhat true. You should let your level`s tell little storys, why is Object A on place B, who lived here, why is the building deserted? You shouldn`t block a path in a school with a bed, par example. There aren`t beds in school. And you shouldnt use a fridge in a bedroom.

nikas
Years of Service
User Offline
you will play the game and see what i have done and i think its great thank you all.........

divernika

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-16 01:18:00
Your offset time is: 2024-10-16 01:18:00