Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / MikeNet v1.1.1 Error Code: '10049'

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st May 2009 11:42
Well, as the title states, i'm getting an error code '10049' when I start my application up. I've attached a screenshot aswell. Here is my connect code also.

That function is being called here:

Note: This same error occurs when I try and start the CubeWorld client that comes with MikeNet as an example.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Michael P
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st May 2009 11:57
The error code suggests that the connect address is invalid. I tested your code using v1.1.1 and it works fine, perhaps you could post your full code? There may be some memory corruption somewhere that is causing this so you could try running the connect code in isolation to see if it works.

I suggest upgrading to v1.1.4, there are some significant improvements. See the change log on the MikeNet thread.

kklouzal
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st May 2009 12:12 Edited at: 21st May 2009 12:45
Here, i'll post my 3 files :S (i've been working very hard day and night now for about a week on this(trying to quickly push into beta stages(nowhere near there yet())))

Main.cpp:

Functions.h:

Variables.h:

Let me know how i'm doing so far with only a weeks worth of c++ and dark gdk knowledge =D

Edit: Don't I have to purchase DarkNet for the latest version? I searched all up and down that thread for the latest version of MikeNet that I could get.

Edit:Edit: FYI my server program starts with no errors what so ever, and in case you didnt see before, the CubeWorld demo also gives this same error..

I <3 C++ & Dark GDK 4 2 maek mai gamezorz! =D
Michael P
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st May 2009 13:17 Edited at: 21st May 2009 13:19
Quote: "Don't I have to purchase DarkNet for the latest version? I searched all up and down that thread for the latest version of MikeNet that I could get."

Yes, you need to buy the latest version.

Does the cube world advanced (CWA) demo work (try it on each local interface available)? It may be that the local interface selected isn't working, the CWA demo lets you select the local interface to use.

If the CWA demo does work then use mnSetLocal to select the appropriate interface in your game. If it doesn't work then try the attached exe, this is CWA compiled with v1.1.4. It may be that a bug fix solves your problem.

It could be that your issue with Multisync is caused by the same problem affecting MikeNet

Attachments

kklouzal
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st May 2009 23:01 Edited at: 21st May 2009 23:06
-sigh- Your .exe worked..... Maybe I cant use 127.0.0.1 for a connect address, i'll try that on my program. And did you try my program out?

Edit: Nope, cant connect on my actual local address either... well maybe one day i'll be able to buy DarkNet.. But surley not today =/

Michael P
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st May 2009 23:10
If you want to use 127.0.0.1 you need to bind to it using mnSetLocal on the server side, otherwise the connection will time out.

Did my exe work on all available local interfaces? If the interface that you used was not the one numbered 0 (circled in attached screenshot) then you need to use mnSetLocal to select the correct interface on both the server and client side.

I briefly looked over your code and it seems fine. If the cube world demos aren't working then it isn't your code at fault.

Attachments

kklouzal
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st May 2009 23:58
Your exe worked for my 1 avaliable interface, the cube world for version 1.1.1 will not work, so its not my problem i just need to buy dark net =/ i guess ill be looking into raknet >.<

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-01 01:20:40
Your offset time is: 2024-10-01 01:20:40