Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / GDK Program Unresponsive After 10 Seconds >.<

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd May 2009 09:52 Edited at: 22nd May 2009 10:04
Well... I have narrowed down to the function where the problem lies, The code does not look incorrect to me.

About 10-11 seconds after I press the start debugging button and the initial Dark GDK window appears my program is 100% unresponsive.

Here is the function that is causing the issue:

The program only goes unresponsive only while this function has been uncommented from Main.cpp

Here is main.cpp:

The actual function used contain a for loop to carry out this task and I got an exception probably from the for loop executing a check 500 times against an array every frame . So I thought I would try to execute it once every frame which meant just to remove the for loop, and now it just goes unresponsive.

Any help?

I <3 C++ & Dark GDK 4 2 maek mai gamezorz! =D
ABXG
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd May 2009 10:52
Do you ever set "ri" back to 0? If not it will just continually go upwards and that could be a source of trouble for you. You should have a check that sets "ri" back to 0 when reaches what ever is the highest value of it's first dimension size.

------------------------------------
Currently 1500+ lines of code into an "over-the-shoulder" action RPG with combat based on rag-doll physics.
kklouzal
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd May 2009 11:38
Ahh! I had forgotten to do that! It seems to be working! But when my npc 'dies' it never 'respawns' =/

I <3 C++ & Dark GDK 4 2 maek mai gamezorz! =D

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-01 01:35:02
Your offset time is: 2024-10-01 01:35:02