Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Pulling my hair out!(LithumUnwrap)

Author
User Banned
Posted: 22nd May 2009 12:24
Simple to use HAH my foot! ok im trying to get a Uv map for my halo models but when i import the models in theres no Uv map! just blue.
the models there but no map.i cant texture these suckers if i dont have the uv maps.any ideas?
Jaeg
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd May 2009 13:41
You have to make the uv map. Chances are that all the verticices are in a corner of the screen. Get on the inter net for tutorials.

If you get mad and want to type something nasty about another person do this-Type what you want to say in the box then press ctrl-a and hit delete then type what you should say.
Bejasc3D
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd May 2009 14:15
lIKE THIS.

Press ctrl+a to select al. Then in the toolbar thing, its like, select-uv map- and then there is a list of options like face, box planar, Im not sure which is best, because its diferent with most models, but the maiun onles would be decal, planar and box i would say. Play around with those for a while, and you should find it

Hope tobe of help.
~TiTaniUm

~ Benny Boy 2321 ~ Raw Sandvich ~
Messenger
User Banned
Posted: 22nd May 2009 14:26
lol well i dont have time for it right now so all of you will have to wait for the models sorry...im going back to retexturing the Sas
lol.
Seth Black
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd May 2009 19:36
...LithUnwrap is a great tool. It just takes some hands on time, patience, and practice.

Explore the Toolbar, and familiarize yourself with the options. You'll be popping out UV Maps in no time...

Nomad Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd May 2009 02:13
Can someone confirm the best way to unwrap a character model. Like which options should you use for each part of the body?
Bejasc3D
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd May 2009 02:26
Its the ones that suit you

~ Benny Boy 2321 ~ Raw Sandvich ~
BMacZero
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd May 2009 03:01
What I like to do is box-map to start, and then select the individual limbs and cylinder-map them one at a time.

xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 23rd May 2009 03:49
It took a while, but I found these on the web again. I have them but they are just too big for me to upload on my DSL (128 UP). I wrestled with it until I found these videos. They are very well done. It's amazing what you can do with it when you know how. LOL

Part 1 (running time 36Mins) -- explains Basic Mapping of Sphere, Box and Cylinder
http://the.unreachable.org/wunderboy/lithunwrap1_a.rar

Part 2 (Running time 1h 17 mins) -- explains Mapping of Biped Model
http://the.unreachable.org/wunderboy/lithunwrap2_a.rar

I highly recommend both watching and following along with the videos.... all the way through! You'll be happy you did.

Happy model making,

Brian.

Nomad Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd May 2009 17:09
Thanks for the video links xplosys

Definately going to give these a try.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-16 01:29:21
Your offset time is: 2024-10-16 01:29:21