Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Particle system is limited?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi guys, wondering can I do any of the following particle stuff with the DGDK as is? Since I don't think so (please correct me if I'm wrong) I'd like to take suggestions on the best way to do the following:

- fade particle colours/alpha over life of individual particle

Create a new particle emitter per single particle and manually scroll colour/ghost for each?

- set particle acceleration in 3 dimensions
- set initial particle velocity (trajectory) in 3 dimensions

Since I only have acces to "gravity" and "velocity" parameters which is 1 dimensional along the Y axis, create my own system for moving particles manually in other directions?

- specify number of particles for trails

Ditch the existing particle system entirely and start from scratch using sprites manually?

Thanks in advance.
Morcilla
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th May 2009 12:53
In built particles can be useful and save some developing time, once you know them, however they are kind of limited, yes:

Quote: "fade particle colours/alpha over life of individual particle"

Not possible, all fade at once.

Quote: "Create a new particle emitter per single particle and manually scroll colour/ghost for each?"

I don't think so either.

Quote: "-set particle acceleration in 3 dimensions

-set initial particle velocity (trajectory) in 3 dimensions"

They work as you stated, however the particles can be pointed.

Quote: "create my own system for moving particles manually in other directions?"

That's the way for refinated particle paths. Standard particles could be pointed in one direction or another, all at once.

Quote: "- specify number of particles for trails"

Not really. Only way is with Set Particle Emmissions function.

Quote: "Ditch the existing particle system entirely and start from scratch using sprites manually?"

Yes, it seems that you have enough reasons. Use sprites or 3d instanced planes pointed to the camera, depending on your needs
Alex_Peres
AGK Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th May 2009 17:19
WHY???????????????????

Why they didn't create fade particle colours/alpha over life of individual particle???????????

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-01 01:28:28
Your offset time is: 2024-10-01 01:28:28