Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / DarkGDK and Modeling

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi there,
I got more of an request than question about the modeling part.

I don't know if the Limbs of a Model are defined/created in a modeling software and then the DarkGdk indentifies it or we do create a full model and then tell DarkGdk what faces of that model are limbs. For a better example I took the models of a game called Urban Terror (mod of quake) and I saw that the Torso part, the Legs and Head were separated but once I tried to compare to CS:Source I saw that the models were like one "piece" only and somehow the engine knew what faces were the torso, legs, etc, plus stretching those faces as they move or rotated, something that I would never saw in Urban Terror.

That's the major doubt I have about modeling and DarkGdk understandind the models, but what I really wanted, besides to know how really limbs works, are links and tutorials about modeling for games 'cause I know that the more that I go deeper into modeling the more questions I'll have, so to not bother everyone every single time its better for me to search in a proper place.

PS: If it's not too much, it would be nice that the tutorials would have something to do with DarkGDK.
PPS: Yes, I don't know sh*t about modeling and Im trying to learn Maya.

<sight>... I only wanted to learn...
IanM
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th May 2009 20:24
I'd guess that this is more due to which modelling software you use than the GDK. Can I suggest you ask your question in the 3D Discussion forum instead - they can probably give you more specific information on how to get your software producing models in the correct way.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-01 03:38:37
Your offset time is: 2024-10-01 03:38:37