Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / VS 2010 compatibility in the future?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th May 2009 16:29
Will there be an update to DarkGDK and DarkGDK.Net for Visual Studio 2010 professional?
i have been testing the 2010 Beta 1, and cannot use the GDKs with it, or any other sdks I normally use, so how does Microsoft expect me to get an accurate test if I can\'t use my sdks? I am hoping there will be a 2010 update when the RTM happens for 2010 VS Prof. Ed.

"The Dark Side Clouds our vision...Only the Dark Lord of the Sith knows of our weakness. If informed the Senate is, multiply our enemies will." Master Yoda, Episode II.
jezza
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th May 2009 19:40
This is the first I have heard of 2010, and I'm exited .
I expect it will work, but you will have to set the paths to the libs manually.

Michael P
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th May 2009 20:27
It will work, all they need to do is change the installer, in fact they may not even need to do that. C++ is standardized, all that is changing is the editor.

Holy Cow Coder
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st May 2009 14:18
Actually, in VS 2010 Professional, you cannot change or alter the C++ paths manually like in 2008, so that presents a problem with adding DarkGDK for C++ into the new version. I thought about just locating the files/folders that are needed in 2008, and copy/pasting them in the appropriate places in the 2010 structures.

"The Dark Side Clouds our vision...Only the Dark Lord of the Sith knows of our weakness. If informed the Senate is, multiply our enemies will." Master Yoda, Episode II.
Holy Cow Coder
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jun 2009 01:15
I actually contacted Microsoft about this problem, and they sent me a link to a KB page that explained how to use the custom SDKs, you have to identify each lib, include, etc. for each and every project you make with them EVERY TIME you use them. I think I will just stick with 2008 for DarkGDK for now. As for DarkGDK.Net, it works just fine with 2010 version.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-01 03:25:24
Your offset time is: 2024-10-01 03:25:24