Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK .NET / Dark GDK .NET 29/05/09

Author
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th May 2009 11:32
A new version of Dark GDK .NET is available in your Order History. Here is a list of changes:

DarkGDK.NET v1.2.0.0 Release Notes & Changes.

Fixed

1. Both plugin examples failed to run due to a dependency issue with the DGDKPlugin.dll being compiled for debugging, this has now been corrected.
2. The AdditionalLight class has been corrected when dealing with the various light types. And the LightType enumerators have been corrected when applying a light type to the light object.
3. The Box command overload now accepts color parameters
4. Removed the exception from Limb.Link)

Added

1. Added all new functions available in the 7.4 DarkGDK (C++) libraries into DarkGDK.NET v1.2.0.0
2. Generated new documentation files
Gervais
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th May 2009 14:20 Edited at: 29th May 2009 14:35
Just a stupid question where are the Cloth command that are in DBP 7.3
APEXnow
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th May 2009 23:39
I've added all functions that are exposed in the DarkGDK (C++) version, and not DarkBASIC Professional. Any additions that are missing from DarkGDK itself will need to be taken up with TGC.

Paul.

Gervais
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th May 2009 01:31
Sory Paul,

This was not pointed at you i know that you can't expose commands that are not there but Mike has stated that this is in line with version 7.4 an it is not true

so what is the version of DBP that we are in line with 7.2 or lower

By the way Paul thanks for the great work it work well and install without problem on my system (Vista)
smaas
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th May 2009 13:50
Great,

I was brushing up my C++ skills but that is very frustrating. Like programming in machine language. Any change getting DarkPhysics for DarkGDK.net as well?

Steven
GMS0012
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jun 2009 20:30 Edited at: 1st Jun 2009 20:44
hi

if I test the new demos and close them I get an error message that the "example" is not working anymore..
thx
Shadow Fan 0
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jun 2009 03:30
The new version of DarkGDK.NET had me uninstall the older version (understandably) before continuing and so I did so. I also uninstalled The Game Creators Store just to be safe.

I installed the new DarkGDK.NET from the .zip that I got from my orders page and in my project I'm getting a few errors about the DarkGDK namespace not being found. Additionally, I'm receiving warnings about the references also not being found, thus generating other warnings about said references not being resolved. I'm sure there's a quick fix here that's escaping me...?

"...The Protoss do not run from their enemies. Aiur is our homeworld, it is here that we shall make our stand!" -Aldaris
Shadow Fan 0
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jun 2009 03:37
And I figured out what was wrong. Nevermind guys, but thanks anyway. There's another thread about this apparently that I missed the first time through the forums.

"...The Protoss do not run from their enemies. Aiur is our homeworld, it is here that we shall make our stand!" -Aldaris
RanQor
Years of Service
User Offline
Same here, showed all three of the references as not being found.

I simply deleted them from the solution explorer, and then re-added them.
smaas
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jun 2009 00:49
you can also select them in the solution explorer, right click and open the properties window. Change the option "specific Version" to "false" and the new version will be found automatically.

Steven
APEXnow
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jun 2009 01:27
Apologies for not mentioning this, but of course as stated, both solutions should resolve peoples issues. At least DLL hell is no longer a factor in these cases.

Paul.

RanQor
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jun 2009 05:01 Edited at: 3rd Jun 2009 05:28
A)I assumed the update would have brought the iZ3D/Stereo3D feature. Am I overlooking the command?

In DBP its:
"set cameras to stereoscopic"

Reference

B) The vista 64-bit issue has not been resolved either, I still have to manually setup the build configuration.

C) I'm not seeing a "dbSetDisplayModeAntialias" type command either.
Yoda Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jun 2009 10:09 Edited at: 3rd Jun 2009 10:10
I hope the clone function of Sound class and CurveValue function have been fixed too ....

Fear leads to anger
Anger leads to hate
Hate leads to suffering
APEXnow
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jun 2009 23:59
Yoda, can you check the Sound Clone function because I'm sure this is an issue within the actusl library rsther than the wrapper.

The CurveValue function also uses a Signed Floating point value, so if the function itself returns a negative number, this should also be returned via the Wrapper. if you still have any issues with this, I will be more than happy to experiment in resolving the problem quickly.

Paul.

lwatson
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jun 2009 17:24
I seem to be having a strange problem on setup.
I run the MSI on my Vista 64 machine and near the end it tells me that
SYSWOW65/dgdk.dll failed to register

I am being asked to contact the vendor, Try again or continue.
Try again shows the same error.

Any ideas?....

Lonnie Allen Watson
rmag.blogspot.com (blog)
lwatson
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jun 2009 20:57
DOH!

Its been so long since I first installed this thing that I forgot that I needed to also install the DX9 run times on Vista machines. Doing so and then repairing the DGDK.NET installation solved the problem.....

Lonnie Allen Watson
rmag.blogspot.com (blog)
darxus
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Aug 2009 01:04
Hello, I just got started with DarkGDK.NET, I am really excited ! I have 2 years of experience with C# and used couple of times DBPro demos in the past.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-16 13:06:53
Your offset time is: 2024-04-16 13:06:53