Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Planet Path Drawing without and Object ID

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
So I'm making a solar system simulation and I want to show the current travel path of a planet so I'm trying to figure out how to draw the path without using spheres or the like because they all have their own ID's and I don't want the path to have an ID because I'm using dbPickObject() to select objects with ID's and I don't want the path to be selectable.

Any ideas?
Phosphoer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th May 2009 10:44
Well for starters, you could just have a check in your PickObject() command to ignore the ID numbers of the path.

Other than that, you can draw lines and such in 2d on the screen, and figure out how to make it look like it's in 3d space.

Unfortunately, in DarkGDK you can't display 3d models without assigning them to an object.

Morcilla
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th May 2009 11:37
Quote: "Unfortunately, in DarkGDK you can't display 3d models without assigning them to an object."

Not completely true, although having objects 'outside' the DGDK rendering checks, needs some special treatment.
Use Cloggy's D3D Func

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-01 03:29:13
Your offset time is: 2024-10-01 03:29:13