Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Multiplayer Objectives

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi there, I'm new to the forums but have been using FPS Creator X9 for a while now and I've been trying to figure out Multiplayer Objectives.

In the Build Game - Arena tab there is an option for First to Complete Objective. However due to the limitations of Multiplayer (namely no dynamic entities except weapons and no physics) the IsObjective option, normally found under statistics, can't be changed on any entities.

I've looked through the manual and searched the forums but the question doesn't seem to have been answered. Is there a file or script I need to edit? Thanks in advance, and apologies for introducing myself with a selfish cry for help
Wazoo117
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jun 2009 00:04
First switch over to singlplayer by going

File>Preferences

Then near the bottom, there are two radio buttons that say "Singleplayer" nad "Mulitplayer"

Switch over to singleplayer and choose what object you want for you objective.

Then switch back to multiplayer. You may notice that the object that you chose as your objective has reverted back to "static" mode. This is normal, the same thing happens with teleporters.

By now it should work, although I have never done an objective map...

Oh, and another thing, you may want to consider using S4Mod V2 for multiplayer games, MUCH better...

"There are very few problems in life that cannot be solved by the proper application of high explosives"
Wazoo117
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jun 2009 00:05
Forgot to add mailback first time....

"There are very few problems in life that cannot be solved by the proper application of high explosives"
The Important J
Years of Service
User Offline
Cheers for the help mate, turns out your method works for decals as well. One thing for anyone else that tries this, you need to set the pick up object's IsImmobile to yes otherwise it just becomes a static object.

I'll have a look at S4 Mod, FPSC does seem a little bit limited when it comes to multiplayer. Cheers for the recommendation!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-12 13:23:35
Your offset time is: 2024-10-12 13:23:35