Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / How to export texture with Sketch Up?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st May 2009 12:51 Edited at: 31st May 2009 13:09
Well, I decided I could try making some models using Google Sketch up (not pro), but it seems when I export the texture, it exports all the textures used in the model, not the one only. Yes, I know I should make it from a image, but... I just don't get how to make it really. Please help me!

EDIT: Also, what size should the model be? Because they always end up being tiny... And in what position they should be?

My blood pack will have 500 blood overlays some day! I hope...
SekoIdiootti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st May 2009 16:41
And also, WTF, when I make something with sketchup, and export it in .X format, it just... umm... the texture, even if it is in the right place in the sketchup, it's not in FPSC.... Damn, I really hate sketchup...
Someone please explain how it can be used, please.

Red Eye
Years of Service
User Offline
Uvmapping

SekoIdiootti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st May 2009 22:39
How can I do that? I mean... I don't even know what uvmapping is.

Coach Shogun 20
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st May 2009 23:05
Go here, they have tutorials for importing media from sketchup: http://www.tutelagesystems.com/

D0MINIK
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st May 2009 23:10 Edited at: 31st May 2009 23:11
No UV-Mapping.

All you need to do is: Leave out the texture-path for your model in your .fpe-file. Just like this:

textured =

Then the textures will be placed correctly, but only if your model is dynamic

Static models from Sketchup can have only one texture. But you can export the model in single parts, texture per texture (box-01.x, box-02.x, each having only one texture-file on it). Then, in FPSC, you can recreate the whole thing.

A bit tricky, but that's the price you pay for the easiest and free of charge modelling process in Sketchup.
SekoIdiootti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jun 2009 10:46
Ok, so basically... I need to make only dynamic entities... That's a bit... hmm... weird, maybe, because I needed static ones... Bunker for example. But well, I think I can try that out, thanks, Dominik.

D0MINIK
Years of Service
User Offline
No problem

Yeah well, buildings and bunkers, just everything you can enter is very difficult to manage via Sketchup. Possible, but difficult.

Maybe try to create segments instead of the whole bunker as one model? That will be much easier, and you can make different bunkers from the segments, by the way.

Anyway, make sure you have all walls 3D! You may have already noticed, Sketchup tends to create 2D-Surfaces, and they will cause strange collisions in FPSC later.

Good luck
SekoIdiootti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jun 2009 16:24
Hmm... Well, I don't understand goodly, but well...
I make some models with sketchup, and then post them in 3D chat, if that's okay. Then I somehow try making them FPSC ready and have textures. xD

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-12 13:26:55
Your offset time is: 2024-10-12 13:26:55