Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Need Help With Enemy AI and their Collisions

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st May 2009 14:54
Hi,

I'm having a problem with AI and them colliding into each other. If I don't use collisions the Enemies will just join together and that's not what I want lol. When I use Sparky's Collision it does too many calcualtion due to them colliding with one another. I'm trying to have 300 dudes on screen for an epic hack and slash, just to let you know what I'm trying to achieve.

If there is a way which I can do this and it doesn't eat my computer, it would be soo awesome .
go2none
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st May 2009 16:36 Edited at: 31st May 2009 16:37
Are you using boxes, spheres or object mesh for your collision? If you restrict yourself to boxes, it should be just fine.
AFishStudios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st May 2009 16:50
Quote: "Are you using boxes, spheres or object mesh for your collision? If you restrict yourself to boxes, it should be just fine. "

I'm using box collisions, it's just when all the NPC's are near me they go nuts trying to get as close as possible to attack. This is when it lags.

I've kind of hit a mental brick wall and just wondering for ideas in which I can use to prevent the huge collision.
jezza
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st May 2009 17:05
if the boxes are not axis aligned then spheres will be faster.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-01 03:29:19
Your offset time is: 2024-10-01 03:29:19