Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Can I use character in the PFSC in other game engine

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jun 2009 15:46
I am not talking about the model pack here but the characters included into FPSC. I would use them in 3D Rad.
- Colonel X and cie.

- Can I extract the skeleton animated and use in into another model I made or buy (.bvh)

Thanks

-Win XP SP3 -P4 3go/Ge Force 9600 GT driver 178.13
PhysX 08.09.04
DBP + Dark A.I. + Dark Physics + Easy Rotate + enhancement + Sprite Packe
Random color object
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jun 2009 17:11
- Can I use sound .wav too from FPSC in other game engine?

Thanks

PhysX 08.09.04
DBP + Dark A.I. + Dark Physics + Easy Rotate + enhancement + Sprite Packe
Apple Slicer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jun 2009 17:18
I don't think so. no.

Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jun 2009 18:19 Edited at: 2nd Jun 2009 18:25
I'm pretty sure the stock FPSC models & media can be used in any game you make.
That would include other engines.

Dark Matter may be a different story.

It may be best to get an official answer for subject matters of such importance.

You should email TGC directly with any questions pertaining to the License agreement, because only they have the official answer.

If you email them, then please let us know here what they said.
That way if anyone else needs this help and finds this searching, then they will have the official answer.

Wizzkid
AGK Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jun 2009 18:27
Well I'm pretty sure you can use any model in any other engine, as tgc have options to download model packs in .x format for use in other languages and in the tgc store it tells you whether objects etc... Work in engines like torque and xna so I would think so.

Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jun 2009 18:31 Edited at: 2nd Jun 2009 18:35
Check the license for each model or pack depending on how you purchased it.
The path for the licenses from the items bought in the store is...
C:\Program Files\The Game Creators\FPS Creator\licenses

Quote: "
Grant of Licence

In consideration of the Customer's promises herein (including without limitation the Customer's obligations in clause 7 of this Licence Agreement) the Seller hereby grants the Customer a personal, non exclusive, perpetual, non transferable, royalty free licence to:

modify Assets and integrate Assets in "Commercial Games" (as defined below) created using FPS Creator, FPS Creator X10, Dark Basic Professional, Dark GDK or in other Games; and ...."
"

"created using FPS Creator, FPS Creator X10, Dark Basic Professional, Dark GDK or in other Games"

Looks to me like other engines is ok.

Although, if you are not using FPS Creator, FPS Creator X10, Dark Basic Professional, or Dark GDK to make your games, then SHAME ON YOU!

GraPix
User Banned
Posted: 2nd Jun 2009 21:13
As CE said about the lisence, it seems ok for other engines to me too. 3d rad is pretty easy but it IS hard when it comes to create commercial games. It has many limitations until u r accessing their sourcd code. I don't like it, DBP is better...

Travis Gatlin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jun 2009 04:23
yes you can use it on other engines because i used my models on my dark BASIC engine and it worked fine!
Random color object
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jun 2009 00:52 Edited at: 14th Jun 2009 02:23
GraPix

I don't know what version of 3D rad you tryed, it got a compiler that work fine [href=http://www.3drad.com/3drad_compiler.htm ]http://www.3drad.com/3drad_compiler.htm [/href] And it got in browser capability, DBP?
Got a update every month with new features. That is fine for me. But it can't be compared to DBP cause DBP is just a programmation language and 3d Rad is a game engine. Rad can create game faster. I can make particles in 5 sec, in DBP? What you can do in a year in DBP can be made in a week or less with 3d Rad.

PhysX 08.09.04
DBP + Dark A.I. + Dark Physics + Easy Rotate + enhancement + Sprite Pack + FPSC B. pack

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-12 15:30:30
Your offset time is: 2024-10-12 15:30:30