Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / models and quality...question

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
are there any good models that fpsc can handle without lagin or crashing??have some good models but the animations are awful and the lighting doesnt effect the models almost at all i have a good story for my game cool levels but i need better lighting for characters and a good use of bump mapping on them....is there something that i must do for the textures???are there any good animations for characters movements????

divernika
JRH
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jun 2009 18:54
FPS Creator has poor lighting/shaders for characters. To improve this, you could use a mod or custom shaders.

JRH

Scurvy Lobster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jun 2009 18:57
I think some character look better in medium quality lighting, so that might be worth trying. Even disabling shaders has brought me ok results some times.

This does not apply to all characters and is based on my subjective view
nikas
Years of Service
User Offline
yes ok but is there any way to do this for free?...i mean like plys mod is not free....and what about animations??

divernika
Red Eye
Years of Service
User Offline
Well lightning is actually a great feature in x9 compared with x10.... you can make your own shaders, with scripting you can get far

JRH
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jun 2009 23:38
I agree with Scurvy Lobster and Red Eye. What you to do is fiddle around until you find what you like. I find the best results graphically in 'Test Game' mode are medium quality lightmaps, with no shaders. Set texture appropriately (521*521).

As for mods, there are some free ones lurking around.

JRH

Kravenwolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jun 2009 23:50 Edited at: 2nd Jun 2009 23:53
Quote: "yes ok but is there any way to do this for free"

Learn how to create your own textures and animations Blender is FREE, you can make your own animations with that. GIMP is free; you can create retextures with that.

-Kravenwolf

Success is not final--failure is not eternal.
Cheese Cake
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jun 2009 00:50
Kravenwolf is right, for animations you would have to make them yourself.
If you want it for free that is.
If not, i suppose there are still some talented animators for hire.

And as for retextures you can use GIMP. Maybe follow some tuts before beginning though.

Also! Creator of Zombies released some great shaders for free.
You should really try them! Great quality and improves the graphics alot!

Also if you use custom media. Or media without a normal map.
Than you still would have to download GIMP (i guess GIMP has a normal map filter or something?)
Or maybe there are some normal map converters or something for free out there?

And the others are also right. Its allways good to change some settings just to fiddle with the lightmap text size etc.
Sometimes it really comes out very nice.

Kravenwolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jun 2009 01:01 Edited at: 3rd Jun 2009 01:02
Quote: "i guess GIMP has a normal map filter or something?"

Yes, you can download the normal map filter seperately (but it is free also).

-Kravenwolf

Success is not final--failure is not eternal.
nikas
Years of Service
User Offline
i have photoshop and lightwave they are one of the best softwares for this jobs and also i have nugraf the software that can convert everything to everything.....and just wanna know if there is there any shader script???And fpsc is one of the best softwares for fps game creating...it is just brilliant how easy you can make a game that others do at studios...i want to take advantage of it's capabilitys...and the only thing i have to do now is to change the animations and shadows.....

divernika

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-12 13:28:40
Your offset time is: 2024-10-12 13:28:40