Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Loading Multiple Animations

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
In Dark GDK, there are a lot of models that come in separate small animation files (i.e. the Ninja, knight, etc). Instead of loading in a huge .X file such as Miko, I want to load in separate animations based on the user input. For example, with no input, an idle animation will load and play. For walking, a walking animation will load and play while the other animation gets deleted/hides. I'm not sure how to approach this simply because the int ID for each of them will be different and I use the int ID to determine the characters actions. Should I use an array of characters or is there another approach.

Thanks.
SunDawg
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jun 2009 04:29
The idea would make more sense if that model had bones, but as far as I know it is merely animated. You would save no resources and inflate your code by trying to chop it up.

My site, for various stuff that I make.
will3330
Years of Service
User Offline
Then why are these models incorporated with Dark GDK. There must be some sort of function or command that will allow you to group all the animations together and then call them at will.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-01 03:26:56
Your offset time is: 2024-10-01 03:26:56