Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Texture problem,nobody dont know how???

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I have 3d cube with 4 sides with not similar textures.And
I converted in X format,imported into the fpsc.I left TEXTURED=
Made dynamic object.
In editor all textures are good,but when loads game ,model appear without textures.How do you import a model with lot of textures.(on segments)
Thanks
General Jackson
User Banned
Posted: 3rd Jun 2009 22:10
If its from sketchup forget it.
Sketchup stinks.
I worked with it and worked with it.
Try wings 3d.

He stood like a stone wall, not only in battle, but also for the Lord
Softwizz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jun 2009 17:12
Interesting, I created an entity in x format that used 4 textures with 3d world studio, in the fpe file I commented out the texture line (put ; before it). The x file contains all the texture details, in the FPSC editor the entity is textured correctley, when the game is compiled / test run, only 1 texture covers the whole model.
Any simple solution?

Nothing to see here, move along please.
Softwizz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jun 2009 18:03
Now then, when I set the entity as dynamic it textures correctley but I seem to hit an invisible wall infront of it, behind it I walk through it as though it isnt there, this is a problem as it has steps to walk up a level.

Softwizz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jun 2009 19:57 Edited at: 4th Jun 2009 19:59
so I have been experimenting with this and have found that the textures will work on a static entity if they are in dds format.
see screen shot

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Softwizz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jun 2009 20:01
You can see that 3 textures have been placed in the right order in this shot, this is up the steps mentioned in a previous post

Attachments

Softwizz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jun 2009 20:03 Edited at: 4th Jun 2009 20:04
The problem now is when the game has been tested the first time it works fine, then if i test again all the textures are gone.

The model and textures with the fpe file are attatched, put the folder 'castle-gate' in your entitybank/user folder and see what results you get.

Attachments

Paul112
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jun 2009 20:41
I have not tested your models, however I have produced multitextured entities for FPSC. Make sure that when you apply the textures in the modelling app, they are in the same folder as the model you are making. Then when you import into FPSC, make sure those texture images are in the folder with the .x file and the .fpe, in the same format that they were when you applied them in the modeller.

Paul

Softwizz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jun 2009 23:58
hey thanks paul112, I made a whole new model using the method you suggest but get the same results, first test run is great, then after that any other tests dont include the textures.

Maybe someone with a decent graphics card could test my model out and see if they get the same results.

Its a bummer it doesnt work 100% as it would be an easy way to make custom media.

Dar13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jun 2009 03:39
Are you sure it multi-texturing works on static objects? It never did for me and all i use is .dds textures.

Softwizz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jun 2009 15:30
Dar13, it works for me (FPSC 1.15) object is static,
I have found a work around for the entity losing the texture after the first test run, what I do is place a segment somewhere out of the way, then before each test run move it or delete it (this must make FPSC reload all textures or something), so if you are actually building a level then the problem should not affect you as you will be adding stuff anyway.

I have included the model, all dds textures and the fpe to this post so you can try it yourself just put the castle-gate folder in your entitybank/user folder.

Attachments

Dar13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jun 2009 22:11
Interesting. I'll definitely take a look at this.

BTW, you were right when you said moving a segment makes FPSC reload all the textures. The reason the textures disappeared is because FPSC just loads the universe object, which is all segments and static objects combined, so it remakes the universe object and reapplies all textures.

Paul112
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jun 2009 00:01 Edited at: 6th Jun 2009 00:03
Just tried to import your model into LithUnWrap. It claims you have 637 groups, and 637 materials, which could be the problem. Is this my program messing up, or have you made the model out of lots of primitives without joining them together?

You should also only have one material type for each texture file, and apply the material to each group you want to apply it to.

Paul

Softwizz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jun 2009 18:21
Hey Paul112, erm, I made the model in 3D World Studio end exported is an x file, I will admit this was just for experimenting with so I might have forgot to create groups and texture the whole group.

I will remember to group primitives together before the final texturing, also 3DWS doesnt seem to have a weld function or anything apart from group and ungroup.

Hey Dar13, hmmm

Seth Black
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jun 2009 18:30
...simply and concentrate down to groups, apply your textures, and export as a new .x file.

Use the line:

textured = [LEAVE THIS BLANK]

and save the the .fpe file.

Import the entity folder into FPSC (with all texture files used previously).

When you use the entity in FPSC, the .x file will automatically call the appropriated textures...

Softwizz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jun 2009 15:47 Edited at: 7th Jun 2009 15:52
Found another setback with this, the compiled standalone game doesnt show the textures regardless of what I try, it must be something to do with how FPSC makes the dbo.

Looks like I am going to have to do uv mapping the long and hard way then

Also I made a simple cube and hollowed it then applied 1 texture to the whole thing (this is using 3D world studio) and exported a x, using lithunwrap showed that every face was applied the texture individually, so with a hollow cube this meant that each side of the cube was effectively a 6 sided object with the texture applied to each side. this resulted in a hollow cube with 1 texture having 36groups and 36textures.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-12 15:25:51
Your offset time is: 2024-10-12 15:25:51