Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / How to entity bump map?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Ive looked in both manuals and the forums but to no avail. I am new to FPSC 9 and im trying out it limits/functions before i start creating. I can make and import entities but at the moment i cant get the model to use any of the shaders.I do as folows:

1: load the entity(dynamic) onto a black map (only floor). Run to test. Works!
2: Place my texture_n.tga,texture_s.tga and texture_d.tga into the same folder as the entity.fpe.
3: Add a light (dynamic). Run to test. Works!
4: Set entity effect to bumpent. Run to test.
It either has no effect or entity disappears.

Ive tried using the stock entities from the SciFi group and nothing happens either.

Im obviously doing something moronic, but a nice tutorial that explains this from start to finish would be good for the beginners like myself.

hmmmm...signature....let me think..............no i can't come up with anything funny.
IrishMike
Years of Service
User Offline
ok i figured out my mistake.(yes my fault again)

The .dds files are created by the engine it seems, so just dumping my underscored N S D files into the folder had no effect. And you seem to have to give your main texture as the _d2.tga file. Plus its always best to exit out of the engine and start again when any changes are made. I think i do a small tut with gimp on envoking shaders when im more adept.

hmmmm...signature....let me think..............no i can't come up with anything funny.

Attachments

Login to view attachments

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-12 13:25:00
Your offset time is: 2024-10-12 13:25:00