Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Directory structure

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey, I am new here and new to design theory but reading through the tutorials and in here a bit.
But I ran across a problem.
I have been trying to move files from model pack 10, Specifically m107 files to the new structure in the entity bank.
I made a new dir (weapons- hand guns, sniper etc) In order to try and organise things a little better cause right now things seem all out of shape to me.

I know it's not working but going through the .fpe file I can see no reason for it not to, there seems to be no link to anything else that has changed in other structures.

If this is fixable please tell me how, If not can you explain to me why. I am a noob but use proper lingo, I can google it if needs be, But I am not going to learn anything by being told, Oh, that won't work dude..

Thanks
Disturbing 13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jun 2009 03:27 Edited at: 6th Jun 2009 03:27
Could you explain a in a bit more detail what you are doing and we can see what we can do about getting things fixed up for you.

Don't just say No it can't be done. Think outside the box.
Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
Make sure you have deleted the entity DBO and BIN or else any changes to the .FPE will not take effect. Are you reorganizing only the entity pick-ups or the gamecore as well?

You should be able to shuffle things around as much as you like as long as entities stay in the entitybank and HUD files stay in gamecore\guns.

Post in code snipped the edited FPE as well as the directory paths for anything you've moved.
8thsinner
Years of Service
User Offline
I also just saw the storeorganiser in the free tools area..but it doesn't work with my directx issues.

Nevermind.
Gonna try and work out scripting basic ai...

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-12 13:28:53
Your offset time is: 2024-10-12 13:28:53