Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Clear Screen Issue

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hope this is the right area as I'm new to DarkGDK, we started learning it today, I'm studying Games Prog

I have an issue, basically I made a program at Uni where lots of boxes in a vector bounce around the screen. Although at home it doesnt seem to work, namely dbCLS(); tends to ignore when I use boxes.

This worked at Uni, the exact project works when I send it to my friends so I'm at a bit of a loss at the moment.

Here is the issue with boxes, as you can see its not being cleared each loop:

Here is what happens if I replace the dbBox line with dbDot (it works):

Here is the main code:

Here is the draw code, simple:

It should be noted I have tried in both VS2008 Pro and Express, I have installed SP1, using August SDK 2007, everything seems right, other projects compile it's just this one, which I have seen work. And as you can see is just boxes?

Appreciate any help
Michael P
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jun 2009 18:35
Very odd, you could just draw a black box over the area of the window instead of using dbCLS, maybe that would work.

reapz
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks,

It worked in combination with dbCLS();

Seems weird that it works on other machine but not mine until I drew a black box...

Thanks again, such a standard fix too, just assumed DarkGDK had a background by default.
reapz
Years of Service
User Offline
So has this happened to anyone else before, is this a known issue on some machines?
Michael P
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jun 2009 13:28
It is probably due to a graphics driver issue, or something wrong with your DirectX installation. I doubt it is a bug in DGDK. I suggest upgrading your graphics card drivers.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-01 03:35:50
Your offset time is: 2024-10-01 03:35:50