Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark Physics & Dark A.I. & Dark Dynamix / Dark Physics... Weird...

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jun 2009 18:25
Hey,

Trying to make displacement work here:

Just sits there, doing nothing...
Kinda weird, PHY Move Character controller Player.NObj, 0.1 and PHY Move Character controller Player.NObj, -0.1 placed before the displacement did not help either...
Can anyone sort this out for me?

Thanks!

Jeff

PS: Anyone who saw my other post in the DP forum: Sorry for repost, but response will be much better here, or so I think.

You're the 'th to view this signature!
Mobiius
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jun 2009 21:41 Edited at: 4th Jun 2009 21:42
Quote: "
PHY Move Character controller Player.NObj, 0.1
PHY Move Character controller Player.NObj, -0.1

"

You move it forward, then backwards by the same amount, of course you wont see any movement! Remove one of the lines and try that.

Your signature has been erased by a mod because it is way too awesome!
jeffhuys
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jun 2009 22:03
@Mobiius

Thank you for reading through my code, but there is some strange bug in Dark Physics with PHY Set Character Controller Displacement (you could see it as PHY Position Character Controller, except the distance is relative), which forces the programmer to move the character controller before anything happens. That's why I move it forward and then backwards again to make the displacement have effect.

You're the 'th to view this signature!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-24 09:08:39
Your offset time is: 2024-04-24 09:08:39