Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / VC++ and GDK doesnt work

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi,
I`m from germany and I want to use Visual C++ Express Edition and GDK(I downloaded the files last friday). But VC++ doesnt work! It says that my files are to old and can`t be found. The wizard file under New --> Project is away.
Why I can`t use VC++?
jezza
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jun 2009 23:35
I think this is because you are using German versions and the extremely crap installer cannot handle this.

Ruuod
Years of Service
User Offline
should I download this 3 files?
Mireben
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jun 2009 08:55 Edited at: 5th Jun 2009 09:12
Have a look at the last page of the "installation and wizards" thread, especially at the post by MegaMuse, who is also from Germany and explains how to copy and edit the wizard files, to make them work with non-English Windows:

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=118371&b=22&p=2

However, if VS Express itself gives error messages, that is a bigger problem and I don't know if anyone except MS support can help you with it... Anyway, do you have the latest Windows updates installed? Have you installed also the DirectX SDK? Have you started VS Express at least once before installing Dark GDK? Does VS Express at least start and able to compile a simple program without Dark GDK? If it doesn't even start, all I could suggest is reinstall it...
Ruuod
Years of Service
User Offline
I have done everything what Mega Muse said but it doest work:
default.js couldnt found

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-01 03:32:59
Your offset time is: 2024-10-01 03:32:59