Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Which Program? I am lost.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jun 2009 11:16
I am not certain if I can explain this in an acceptable manner.
I found a 2D Game making program to make some games. I soon came across the book about ultimate game making and that led me to FPS Creator and the rest of these products.
I am not a programmer so I am only basically familiar with how programs work. I can put together a few things but they do nothing in code.
I have made a FPS game that is short and seems to work.
What I am wondering is, where do I go from here? back to 2D, Stay with 3D but try to find something that is not a FPS. I prefer other types like mazes, and platform or Role playing games.
Scurvy Lobster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jun 2009 13:27
Play around with different programs and see what you like to work with. We can tell you a million different things to do but you should do what you think is right. You have already found some great game making programs now try them out.

And remember that everyone starts at zero. Make very small games at first and then start getting bigger ideas. Starting out with huge role playing games is a sure way to "kill" yourself.
Wizzkid
AGK Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jun 2009 14:39
To be honest if you really want to progress in game making you need to learn how to program (unless you want to stay with FPSC, then learn how to script and make better models etc...), and you have found the perfect place to start! This site has a language called dark basic pro, probably the simplest game making language around, and it really isnt hard once you get to know the basics.

With it, your limitations are only the boundaries of your imagination

Good luck in whatever you decide to do, and if you decide to learn how to program, you have a great community here to help you every step of the way!

GreenDixy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jun 2009 04:49
Stick with 3D and FPSC. Easy to use, And lots of content to learn from. I just started making my own models this place has a great reference for it all.

===================
InnerCityWar http://Paradoxial.net (Not open yet)
ScreenShots Soon to come
Softwizz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jun 2009 16:05
For easy 2d and 3d programming look at darkbasic (classic and pro). For more complicated 3d programming look at 3dgamestudio or search the net for "3d game engine"

Nothing to see here, move along please.
REllU
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jun 2009 11:38
3D game studio is cool, yeah. And i have it, but dont know how to use it
If you want to make RPG_games, Download the RPG-Maker 2000
It`s easy, and you make "great fun games with it!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-12 15:33:52
Your offset time is: 2024-10-12 15:33:52