Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Does NOONE have Physics Working?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jun 2009 20:29
I refere to my previous threads on this issue as I STILL cannot find out what the hell is going on. I have followed pretty much all the threads on here regarding DarkPhysics!

I dont get compile errors things just do not work.

If I put Physics code into my own project, it compiles ok but then just stops working!

The examples compile ok but the also crashes whilst running.

Only this stops at the dbLoadImage lines.

If I rem these out, the program halts at the next db command line.

Someone please help me. If you have msn and at one time or another ran into similar issues, and then GOT IT WORKING msn me, email me or anything.

But I desperatley need help here

Bran flakes91093
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jun 2009 20:36 Edited at: 6th Jun 2009 20:36
You have made *THREE* different threads about the same problem:

This thread

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=151935&b=22
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=151929&b=22

Stop being so impatient. If I knew anything about Dark Physics, I would be helping you right now, but sadly, I don't have it. It might also help if you showed some code and told us exactly where the problem is happening by debugging your program.

#ifdef _DEBUG
FixBugs(All);
#endif
DragonsLair
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jun 2009 20:50
the code is easy, its the examples that come with darkphysics but here it is

when you pay money for summit you expect it to either work or have a good description and explanation on how to implement it.

Yes I am impatient but thats because I work in a professional environmenmt and am used to things being explained alot better.

Its just driving me nuts.

Sparkys doesnt offer the things required or at least I have not seen the evidence of this.

Anyway the example ( Multiple Cloth Objects )compiles just fine, but halts and displays this

Quote: "Unhandled exception at 0x0113df9b in Multiple Cloth Objects.exe: 0xC0000005: Access violation reading location 0x00000000."

[img]null[/img]

with an arrow pointing at this line :

Quote: " dbLoadImage( "media\\rug512.bmp", 1);"

if I rem out these lines, it will do exactly the same for each and every line

DragonsLair
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jun 2009 20:52
Bran flakes91093, are you a good coder? IE with good knowledge etc

May I speak with you on MSN? or at least by email

DragonsLair
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jun 2009 20:59
OK I added the word VOID to the begining of dbPhyStart ( );

but now it halts at this line:

dbPhyBuildCloth ( 3 );

SunDawg
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jun 2009 21:02
Why did you do that?

My site, for various stuff that I make.
DragonsLair
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jun 2009 21:04
Dunno, I read on another post someone else did it and it worked, so I tried, then I did the same thing to a few others to get this

Which made the code go a little further untill it stopped at this:

dbPhyAttachClothToShape ( 3, 2, 1 );

I'm just trying anything now

heyufool1
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jun 2009 22:26 Edited at: 6th Jun 2009 22:27
Do you have a Nvidia Physx supported graphics card?

DragonsLair
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jun 2009 22:37
yes. But even if I didnt, as I am wanting everyone to be able to play this, can physics still be used?

heyufool1
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jun 2009 22:41
I think so, because a game called Mirror's Edge uses Nvidia Physx but if you want to use the Nvidia Physx stuff in the game then your graphic card has to support it. And because Dark Physics is just a Nvidia Physx wrapper i would assume that you would need Physx support.

D Bellis
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jun 2009 23:26
all the Physx stuff works with out the the extra stuff the card uses i use an old 6600 and have no problems with any of it (using software mode for fluids if i do use them) so having a card that supports the ppu specific items aint that important just faster

DarkPhysics,DarkShader,DarkLights,DarkAI,BlueGUI,Unity
Mista Wilson
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jun 2009 04:06
I managed to get Darkphysics working, from a point of view of eliminating all of the compile errors.

I am using DarkGDK and DarkPhysics. Microsoft Visual Studio 2008(C++) SP1 is my IDE. Note, the Service Pack1(SP1) is important as the latest version of the toolset was compiled with it, so wont work if you dont have SP1 installed.

first, i copied the November08 update to my DarkPhys directory, and them copied the May09 update over that, putting the dxFluidRenderLib.lib and dxFluidRenderer.h files in their respective folders aswell.

Now everything compiles and links, without any errors at all, and the programs actually start, however now the programs wont get past "dbPhyStart()" when executing .. the debugger points to that call as being the last one before the exception occurs. If i comment out the dbPhyStart() call, obviously the physics engine doesnt start so nothing physics related happens, but the rest of the program runs fine.

Ill keep playing around with it, if i find a solution ill post it.

PS. im thinking it may be some conflict with my system, as it is compiling and linking correctly just getting the runtime exception error. I have the latest PhysX system software installed, aswell as PhysX SDK 2.8.1 build 13. My graphics card atm is an Nvidia 9600GT from Gigabyte, being pushed by a core2 e8400 and 2gig of ddr2 on winxp pro.

If it ain't broke.... DONT FIX IT !!!
AlexI
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jun 2009 04:12
Everything compiled first time for me

HowDo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jun 2009 11:51 Edited at: 7th Jun 2009 11:52
well I've complied Multiple Cloth Objects, however it crashes with this in the error output box.

So if you tell what is going on, what might I need to do next?

Dark Physics makes any hot drink go cold.
Lilith
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jun 2009 18:27
I'm guessing here but STATUS_DLL_NOT_FOUND looks like it's saying that it can't find a DLL file that you need. Unfortunately it only shows the DLLs that have loaded successfully, not the one it failed on.

Lilith, Night Butterfly
I'm not a programmer but I play one in the office
Michael P
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jun 2009 21:19 Edited at: 7th Jun 2009 21:20
I did the following to get it to work:

1. Installed DarkPhysics with the automatic installer
2. Installed the updates by manually copying files, the destination for me is: C\Program Files\The Game Creators\Dark GDK\Include or Lib
3. Installed PhysX software: http://www.nvidia.com/object/physx_9.09.0428_whql.html
4. Copied and pasted NxCharacter.dll and NxCooking.dll into project working directory

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-01 03:34:59
Your offset time is: 2024-10-01 03:34:59