Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / third camera,,,any free solution?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
a want to make a third camera view but it can only be done eith plys mod...i dont have a credit card cause in my country you must be 20 years old to have one...i am only 18 demn it...is there any other mod or sript or any trick to have a 3rd person camera?i read once you can have an character as gun...but lost the topic is there any way?

divernika
Silver Eye Productions
User Banned
Posted: 7th Jun 2009 16:27
What about the trial/shareware/demo/jurkass-version/beta/alpha version of Ply's Mod?

Your signature has been erased by a mod - Please reduce it to 600x120 maximum size
nikas
Years of Service
User Offline
yes its ok...i hate splash screens

divernika
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jun 2009 01:58
The newer versions of Ply's Mod will not have a splash screen. Instead, it will simply disallow building games without purchasing the Mod.

It was really up to people like you. Would you rather get something for free (in exchange for advertising Ply's Mod in your games) or would you rather that I require you to pay for it?
It's because of comments like these that I decided to appease the masses and remove the splash screen in favor of required payment to build games.

If you lack a credit card, why not create a paypal account, then make something worth money and sell it to earn yourself some global cash?

Quote: "jurkass-version"

Was that really necessary? Was it pertinent to include that in your list, or was it that the list of possible terms that could be used wasn't long enough for your liking?

The one and only,

Black Profductions
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jun 2009 03:08
ply i need help, i have the free version, and no problem with splash screen! it can have 3-4-5 and i will be happy to
I want to know where is the file i need to edit to make the game third person

DarkFrost
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jun 2009 04:19 Edited at: 8th Jun 2009 04:19
just because it has a simple splash screen means nothing. He's kind enough to allow you to build your games, so its only fair if you repay him with a little ad here and there.

[img][/img]
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jun 2009 06:19
Quote: "where is the file i need to edit to make the game third person"

There is no specific file to do this. You will need to make your own script in order to do that.

First you will need to make a character entity that will act as your character, then make a camera (in that entity's script) that will act as the third person camera. Offset the camera to the position you want, then script it to allow you to look around based on mouse movement.

This is not an easy thing to accomplish by any means. You will need to script EVERYTHING from movement and animations to firing and weapon swapping. I did not even get to handling weapons when I made a 3rd person script, all I had it do was take control of a character and let me move around with them.

I believe meteorite was working on a better 3rd person script at one point in time.

The one and only,

nikas
Years of Service
User Offline
hey i love plys mod i have it....sory for the missanderstanding but i like it i dont have any problem with you or your mod....i just hate greece that idea with paypal...i am gona try it....but question where will the money will go?straight in to my pocket?what do you mean i really want plys mod

divernika
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jun 2009 07:56
PayPal is kinda like a bank, but only online. It will also convert money to other forms of currency, so there's never any worry about whether or not you can accept a certain type of foreign currency. It's also very secure, and when you DO get a bank account, you can register it with PayPal so that you can transfer funds to/from it as well.

The one and only,

nikas
Years of Service
User Offline
ohhh then i will sell something and will buy your mod....XD...thanks

divernika
meteorite
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jun 2009 22:33 Edited at: 8th Jun 2009 22:35
Yes, I have attempted 3rd person shooting, and may pick it up again sometime. The main reason I kinda let that idea die was because of the extreme complexity of the scripting, and the mathematical knowledge which I probably lack.

Here's where Plys stock script needs to be improved-

Adding a "cap" to camera angles, as it is you can keep looking down/up and do a full circle around the back front of the character.

Add shooting, that keeps in mind the rate of fire and weapon type.

Write it so that multiple characters swap out, allowing diff weapons

These many chars will cause a raging fps drop.

In the end, its hours of work, toil, and testing, for something quite inefficient.

And with my rate of scripting, I would forsee this as 50 hours minimum, because I am horrid at working out bugs. And when I get frustrated, I will stop a script for a week. Overall time, it would take me an entire year probably.

"I can't imagine what this place would have been like if I hadn't found you here." - BJ Hunnicutt
http://s1deadfrontier.net/refer.php?ID=310886&SERVER=s1deadfrontier.net
Red Eye
Years of Service
User Offline
Well it is quite possible.

Can someone aprove this:

Third Person Theory:

- when keypressed wasd/space then animate the character
------- problem you cant use mouse buttons for fire. maybe crtl and `
- assosiacte the player with entity above the character
- if character walks/runs/animate the eneity will move along, by folowing the character
- so the player will folow along, you can easily position the entity just in a third person view and the player will be assiated with the entity, if you make a script for that the entity follows the character, the player "cam" will folow

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jun 2009 09:51
I think that would most awkward to use Ctrl and ` for firing/zooming.

Moving around isn't the problem, Red Eye. It's the weapons the player has that is the issue.

The one and only,

meteorite
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jun 2009 13:24
Besides, you can set up for mouse shooting, thats how I had mine going

"I can't imagine what this place would have been like if I hadn't found you here." - BJ Hunnicutt
Red Eye
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "I think that would most awkward to use Ctrl and ` for firing/zooming.

Moving around isn't the problem, Red Eye. It's the weapons the player has that is the issue."

Ok i understand.

Quote: "Besides, you can set up for mouse shooting, thats how I had mine going"

you can?

Red Eye
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jun 2009 16:30 Edited at: 9th Jun 2009 16:31
Sorry for double post: Forum dont let me edit???

Halo uses z to zoom. [ i know also mouse ]

Doom uses Ctrl to shoot. [ i know also mouse ]

EDIT: It does let me edit? Wierd

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jun 2009 00:39
And with weapon scripting coming soon to Ply's Mod, you will be able to set up the controls to be whatever you want for shooting and zooming as well.

I have already tested using "Z" for zooming and another keyboard key for firing and it works quite well.

The one and only,

meteorite
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jun 2009 00:39
Yep

nikas
Years of Service
User Offline
is there any script for the fpsc without mod?

divernika
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jun 2009 02:30
A script for the "first person shooter" without a Mod? Yeah, just put down a start marker and let it go.

A script for a "third person shooter" without a Mod? Maybe... but if it were doable, it probably wouldn't achieve the effect you're thinking of.

The one and only,

nikas
Years of Service
User Offline
whel if anoyone have it just give it to me and i ll work on it and see how far i will go

divernika
shadowfire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jun 2009 20:10 Edited at: 10th Jun 2009 20:10
Quote: "so its only fair if you repay him with a little ad here and there.
"

i would much rather have a splash screen on my games then have to pay, mainly because i think ply needs some credit for a sweet mod...
and also because i use the newer verion of fps creator and ply's mod is the only mod that gives you airmod for the newer versions!
and i want to build games...

ply: would should put both on... so people can choose which one they want.

the onion mind probes are coming for your soul...
they take your humanity... and give you...
onionity.
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jun 2009 00:09
Because of recent discoveries for pirating methods, the splash screen version will not be recreated.

The one and only,

meteorite
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jun 2009 13:10
Hell, I'd pay AND have a splash screen if necessary

nikas
Years of Service
User Offline
whel my other problem is that i dont want to upgrade ny fpsc cause i ony like 1.14 cause for me my computer only 1.14 makes shadows on the floor wall etc....when i upgrade it the shadows just dissapear....and i this sucks...so i cant use plys mod or any other mod

divernika
Red Eye
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "when i upgrade it the shadows just dissapear."

change it in setup.ini

nikas
Years of Service
User Offline
how do i do that????????????????

divernika
nikas
Years of Service
User Offline
ok i got the plys mod now can anyone help how to use it???

divernika
Red Eye
Years of Service
User Offline
I thought Plystire had give away a basescript [like a base mesh] for third person, I could be wrong. Maybe performing a search with my friend: "Searchie".

Or you could ask Plystire.

- Thought it is a very nice thing for all of us. -

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-12 15:31:06
Your offset time is: 2024-10-12 15:31:06