Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / [LOCKED] 3ds Max Full Version (not student version) for $399 ???

Author
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jun 2009 03:21 Edited at: 7th Jun 2009 03:22
Hey guys,

I ran across this website and thought it may be of interest to those who cannot afford the $3500-$4000 shelf price of 3ds Max.

http://www.cheapestsoftwareanywhere.com/

They have other Autodesk stuff too, and offer 88% to 92% in savings on the Manufacturers Suggested Retail Price (MSRP).

http://www.cheapestsoftwareanywhere.com/products.php?cat=autodesk

I usually steer clear of things that sound too good to be true, but these savings are hard to ignore.

Here is what the site's FAQ's said about why the prices are so low...

Quote: "

How do you sell software at such an inexpensive price?
We purchase software from various venues. Such places include: overstock, auctions, closeouts, companies going out of business. We provide great prices because we purchase them at low prices! All prices listed are in USD.

How can you sell this software? It seems too good to be true - is there a catch?
There is no catch - you will receive an installation CD images only (they do not come in their original retail packing and do not include the manual). We do guarantee that all programs are the 100% full working retail versions - no demos or academic versions! When you order, you will receive all materials required for a complete installation - or your money back! Why pay hundreds of dollars more when you can get exactly the same? You don't have to pay that much for the fancy box and manuals.

What do I get when I order something from you?
You get the full version of your software, you will receive activation key, serial number or CD key necessary to activate your software.

Will I receive sealed software?
No, this is how we pass on savings to you, because your not paying for a fancy box and manuals, you will receive the install CD and an activation key, serial number or CD key necessary to activate your software. You will not always receive original CD's. For example, say a corporation purchases 500 copies from Microsoft, Microsoft wouldn't send 500 disks-that would be silly. Now if we purchase say 100 leftover copies from this said company, we would only receive 1 Master CD and a list of 100 keys that were left over, so sometimes we must make copies of the install CD's. But this doesn't mean your keys aren't completely legal.

"

All of that sounds reasonable until i get tot this part...

Quote: "

Should I call the Manufacturer if I'm having problems or you?
Please do not contact the manufacturer for install issues, we provide the support for all install problems. Also if you need to register the software do it thru the program itself after it is installed, do not register thru the internet or phone as the product you just purchased is OEM and must be registered thru the software. If you have any other problems, let us know and if we feel it necessary we will refer you to the manufacturer, since we sold you the software, we are your source of contact-not the manufacturer, Thanks!!

"

That is sounding like the story of someone using a Key-Gen, but maybe he is legit.

Any thoughts???

I mean, does this sound legit to you, or does it sound like a pirate?

Has anyone heard of this place before?

Tell me what you think, because if this is legit, then it would be a valuable resource for the community as far as getting our hands on top software for cheap.

I may make the purchase, then check the KEY with autodesk to verify that it is indeed legitimate.
I hate the idea of getting ripped off (again), but if one of us takes the plunge, then we could all benefit from the results of the KEY inquiry.

What do you guys think?

GreenDixy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jun 2009 03:25
#1 Do not trust those types of places, IT is usually a key-gen generated license, OR a crack file witch in some cases have backdoor's in it, The files are usually encrypted so AV's cannot pick them up.

===================
InnerCityWar http://Paradoxial.net (Not open yet)
ScreenShots Soon to come
Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jun 2009 03:32
Thank unixfr3ak for a fast response.

Yeah, I probably will steer clear of them after all.

I didn't think about it until after reading my post for typos, but an OEM version of software requires a hardware purchase to transfer the license.
So, if they are not including some type of hardware with the purchase, then it is not legit for that reason.

I was just hoping that they are legit and that someone was familiar with the company.
I know, I know, too good to be true, so its a no brainer.
It's just that I need to find a legit way to get my hands on 3ds Max for cheap.

Maybe I will get lucky and find someone selling an old version or something, but I can't even find those.
Everything is either a demo or student version, and when I do find the full version they want $1500+ for it.
Needless to say, those high prices are out of my range.
If only the student version let you use it commercially, then I would be okay.

Wizzkid
AGK Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jun 2009 03:34
It is OEM software so the chances are that it will have some features missing or not enabled.

You may want to check this out:

http://www.hoax-slayer.com/cheap-software-spam.html

Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jun 2009 03:44 Edited at: 7th Jun 2009 03:46
Thanks WizzKid

What I don't understand is how they can operate for over a year without Autodesk even realizing it.
I mean, don't they ever do a search on their own product?
It wasn't hard to find this site, so if it is bogus, then why don't they have it shut down?
It is almost like entrapment, since they do nothing to stop the criminals yet go after the end user victims.

I have a hard time trying to justify paying $3 to $4 thousand for a program anyway.
However, I am tired of not being able to do quality models because of the glitches I experience with low end software.

Does anyone know of any legit places where we can get a Full version of 3ds Max (not demo or student) for cheap?

If not, then I guess I have to try and find it second hand.
I found a full version for $350 that some kid had won in a contest and didn't want, but it was sold before I contacted them. (figures)

djmaster
User Banned
Posted: 7th Jun 2009 09:49
Yeah used 3dsmax 7 is cheap nowadays,around 300-400$ and its pretty good so I would search for that. Luckily I have some contacts here and there so I have 3dsmax 2008 full for free.

A.K.A. chargerbandit
[href]http://chargedstudios.ultimatefpsc.com/[href]

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-12 15:32:27
Your offset time is: 2024-10-12 15:32:27