Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Revival of the Army Men Series! Ideas Wanted!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Work has begun on a game that will attempt to revive the old Army Men series. For those who don't know this series, you basically control a green plastic army man and combat the enemy regime of tan soldiers in enviroments like gardens, kitchen counters, and bathrooms. Ideas for this new game would be greatly appreciated!
Story below:

General Plastro of the Tan army has been assasinated by Blue freedom fighters, and the government has fallen into a total state of collapse. With the continous offensives by the Green Army in the big world, many believe the war will be over by Christmas. Thats when everything changed. A rogue faction of Tan extremists have siezed control of a device that is shutting down the portals between the plastic and big worlds at thier will. Without news of the cease fire, Green special forces members trapped in the big world must track down the extremist leader "Kriegal" and open up the portals before a second war starts! You will play as the Green special forces members, and as always thier will be plenty of melting plastic, giant insects, and zombies to test your skill against.
flashing snall
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jun 2009 06:50
Isnt this an FPSC board? As in, an FPS game? I thought the old army men games where RTS games.

Gunbarrelguru
Years of Service
User Offline
Some of the Army Men games were RTS, but most were 3rd person shooters. I'm just changing the view perspective.
Asteric
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jun 2009 14:57
Yeah, i mean, think off all the custom media you will need, the army men, the cartoony landscapes and models, and an FPS? My best advice would be to steer into the direction of Dark basic pro, yes wou will have to code, but will work better in the long run.

game freak16
Years of Service
User Offline
Just retexture all of the characters green or tan. lol
I used to play those games all the time when I was a kid.

Gunbarrelguru
Years of Service
User Offline
Well, I could just re-texture everything and increase the size of everday entities like flower pots. But I guess its doomed to failure.
Gunbarrelguru
Years of Service
User Offline
Heres the first Screenshot of the game showing the Beta Garden level!

Attachments

Login to view attachments

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-12 15:27:31
Your offset time is: 2024-10-12 15:27:31