Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / What do ya think of this?

Author
User Banned
Posted: 8th Jun 2009 01:08
I made hands with bones attached to all the right places, i was wondering should i make them FPSC ready, upload them to the store so you can import into modeling program, and then you could make guns with my hands attached, then you could sell the guns.
Is anyone interested in this?
It would be 200-300 store points

He stood like a stone wall, not only in battle, but also for the Lord
Kravenwolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jun 2009 03:41
Hmm...it's a good idea, but unfortunately, I think the problem with this would be that the people that knew how to model and animate guns, would most likely know how to model and animate their own hands. And someone that buys them because they don't know themselves how to model or animate, wouldn't know how to make them work with the current weapons they have

-Kravenwolf

Success is not final--failure is not eternal.
darimc
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jun 2009 04:26
Quote: "Hmm...it's a good idea, but unfortunately, I think the problem with this would be that the people that knew how to model and animate guns, would most likely know how to model and animate their own hands. And someone that buys them because they don't know themselves how to model or animate, wouldn't know how to make them work with the current weapons they have
"
I can model guns, but couldn't make a hand for my life.

meteorite
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jun 2009 05:17
Organic modelling is near impossible, well not so much, but it's quite difficult

"I can't imagine what this place would have been like if I hadn't found you here." - BJ Hunnicutt
http://s1deadfrontier.net/refer.php?ID=310886&SERVER=s1deadfrontier.net
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jun 2009 08:03
I made a light sabre, but when i tried to make the hands for it, it all got so screwed up that I just left them out.

I think there would be a fair few people that would find it indeed helpful, though didn't Errant AI or someone say that people could use their hands for their models (or was it that we could use them but not commercially?)

The one and only,

General Jackson
User Banned
Posted: 8th Jun 2009 21:19
Yeah, EAI's hands cant be used commercially. I spent HOURS making these, they were very tough.
What should i charge?
I'll upload them soon.

djmaster
User Banned
Posted: 8th Jun 2009 22:09
MP6 hands can be used for anything. I use them,they arent such bad quality except the uvmap sucks a bit.

A.K.A. chargerbandit
[href]http://chargedstudios.ultimatefpsc.com/[href]
The Storyteller 01
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jun 2009 22:40 Edited at: 8th Jun 2009 22:41
Modelling the hands is one thing - but animating the swing of a melee weapon or the reload of a gun is a complete different thing.

If you want modellers to be interested you should at least include a bunch of swing/slash animations - best with the hands allready gripping a handle.

Then everybody who can design a sword, axe or crow bar would be more than willing to invest in your hands.

But honestly I dont anyone think anyone should sell his rights for reselling a model - at least not for some hundred store points

In case you find my grammar and spelling weird ---> native German speaker ^^
General Jackson
User Banned
Posted: 9th Jun 2009 01:58
No, you cant sell weapons you make with the mp6 hand rig.
@storyteller 01: no, i shouldnt do that.
You obviously dont know what i mean storytller.
This is for people who want hands, and find them very difficult to model (as did i) but want their own animations.

FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jun 2009 03:09
Quote: "No, you cant sell weapons you make with the mp6 hand rig."

Yes you can.The owner of the hands was nice enough to give them away.If you search the models and media forum you can find them.

Failing at every guitar game ever made!
General Jackson
User Banned
Posted: 10th Jun 2009 00:01
oh, ok.
Should i sell them or not?

Kravenwolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jun 2009 06:12 Edited at: 10th Jun 2009 06:40
Quote: "oh, ok.
Should i sell them or not?"

It's not really up to us. I don't see any harm in giving it a shot The worse thing that can happen is no one buys them. But if you're asking for opinions, personally, no, I would not buy them.

-Kravenwolf

Success is not final--failure is not eternal.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-12 15:28:19
Your offset time is: 2024-10-12 15:28:19