Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Moel Packs: character models/textures

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jun 2009 10:01 Edited at: 8th Jun 2009 17:53
Model Pack 12 was the first pack I bought starting FPSC a month ago. I mostly bought it because it said "6 character models" I thought it was my fault thinking of 6 different models not differently textured ones but after buying several other packs it seems to me that "models" was not appropriate in that case.

On the other hand Model Pack 23 p.e. (which I am very satisfied with) offers 10 completely different models while its only saying "characters" in the description.

Since not every author provides extensive documentation (like bond1 and ErrantAI who provide tons of screens)for their packs I think it'd be only fair to set some general standards for characters in Model Packs like:

# of different character models
# of different characters including different textures
data for poly count, HR/LR

characters
- are ready for FPSC X9/X10/other applications
- are able to use stock weapons (Pack 23 p.e. offers a female monster looking like a goth/cyberpunk/vampire but cant use guns )
- include melee animations
- include custom animations
- include custom scripts
- include custom sounds

This would make packs more comparable and probably avoid some dissapointments.

In case you find my grammar and spelling weird ---> native German speaker ^^
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 8th Jun 2009 17:22
I agree that some sort of "standard" should be adhered to, especially in the area of actual models versus texture variations, but I don't know that it will ever happen. My advice would be to ask questions and verify the content, as we seem to have to do in some cases and especially with some vendors/artists. Some provide the information and images/videos more readily, while some provide little even after multiple requests.

One can only assume that those who provide little information have much to hide. To avoid disappointment, purchase only from artist who provide a wealth of information and respond to prospective customer requests.

Brian.

Seth Black
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jun 2009 17:45
...standardization should be implemented, especially in the case of an authorized TGC model pack, sold directly from their site.

Quote: "One can only assume that those who provide little information have much to hide. To avoid disappointment, purchase only from artist who provide a wealth of information and respond to prospective customer requests."

I must agree with xplosys' observation. It is very wise counsel, indeed.

Some artists provide a multitude of information and detailed screenshots, so the buyer absolutely knows what they are purchasing.

Some artists provide a bare minimum of pack information, and very vague screenshots. One must assume this is an attempt to hide or disguise something that is lacking.

Until a standard is implemented, the buyer must indeed beware...

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-12 15:26:31
Your offset time is: 2024-10-12 15:26:31