Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Any Point to the Models that come with Dark GDK.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
IS there any practical use with the models that come with Dark GDK (i.e. the ninja, knight, etc). They all come in separate .X files each having their own animation (i.e. walk, idle, attack, etc). Is there any way of implementing these animations in Dark GDK or am I off better using preanimated models in one .X file?
ABXG
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jun 2009 05:58
I am just using them as place holders while I develop stuff. You don't need animated models to get things like combat working in a game.

------------------------------------
Currently 1500+ lines of code into an "over-the-shoulder" action RPG with combat based on rag-doll physics.
atomic knights
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jun 2009 13:53
you can combine the animations with

dbAppendObject ( char* szFilename, int iObject, int iStartFrame )

where iObject is the original loaded object and szFilename is the animation to be appended.

you can find the total frames with
dbTotalObjectFrames ( int iObject )

Now you can have an animated model with the examples that come with it where you know the start and end frames for each animation
will3330
Years of Service
User Offline
Can you give me an example of dbAppendObject? I still don't understand how it works when loading in a character

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-01 03:29:56
Your offset time is: 2024-10-01 03:29:56