Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Music & Sound FX / Xenogears "Faraway Promise" ReMix W.I.P

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jun 2009 22:39 Edited at: 11th Jun 2009 03:01
ORIGINAL: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVKZfho8ugU

UPDATE: I added more reverb to the drums for more ambience and also added a full orchestra to the last 20 seconds or so Give it a listen and tell me what you think

I decided to call this Remix 'Lost Dreams' because in a way it is sort of a branch off the title 'Faraway Promise' haha

The reason this is a work in progress is because well I am still adding things to it and fine tuning it. Tell me what you guys think I could add or how I can improve this little arrangement, thanks I've given up on my old audio software (which was Mulab if any of you are interested) and moved up to Reaper because it fits my needs and it is just a brilliant piece of software. I recommend you check it out as version 3 just came out It's amazing.

Eventually, I'll probably submit it to OCRemix as I've got an account there and I check there from time to time for new tutorials and such.

EDIT: Oh yea, this was made with all soundfonts once more ( I think I'm getting the hang of it now haha) If any of you would like a specific soundfont of mine, just ask.

"To lead, you must first die in your mind. Let go of life, and embrace it!!!"

Attachments

Login to view attachments
NGXmusical
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jun 2009 23:45 Edited at: 9th Jun 2009 23:46
Really nice.The feel of the track is so smooth and it makes me feel like lion king music and if you added more bass to your drums and reverb to give it a feel of a ambient drum, it would be really great.
da power pwnerer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jun 2009 00:14
Thanks NGX I will definitely take your suggestions into consideration for the next update

Any other comments/suggestions are appreciated.

Rudolpho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jun 2009 00:25
Sounds really nice. Maybe if you replaced the frame drum with a set of taikos and used some different pitches on those, it would sound reall great. (It was just slightly repetitive with the same sound of that one over and over).
Really nice arrangement over all, five pears

da power pwnerer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jun 2009 02:29
I will look into that also for the next update, thanks man

da power pwnerer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jun 2009 03:02
Update: I added reverb to the drum for more ambience and added a full orchestration to the last 20 seconds or so Download in first post.

NGXmusical
Years of Service
User Offline
Awesome.The drums sound better.One little thing I would do is bring up the volume on the choirs out a little bit and towards the end maybe bring it higher but not by much but enough to ear them more.

I just like this work.It sounds really like a lion king game on super nintendo but with better sounding.Can I experiment with your track to make a better example of what I'm earring in my head , if you don't mind of course.I would upload it here in this thread.

Thanks
da power pwnerer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jun 2009 06:37
Yea man of course Do you just want the MIDI file of it with all the tracks?

NGXmusical
Years of Service
User Offline
cool

I have worked some and adding things to it with the mp3 file.I'm not done yet but here's a preview.I still need to work with it and thanks a lot for letting me use it, its really appreciated.

You can download mp3 file down my post.hope you like but still need to add to it.

I actually never tried midi files but wouldn't mind trying.Is there any way to download it here or by email?

Attachments

Rudolpho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jun 2009 12:28
I agree with NGX. Still find the drum sound slightly repetitive, but much better.
Oh yeah, and you've got an ending; + 2 pears ()

da power pwnerer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jun 2009 19:27
Nice work NGX Love the oboe and percussion, you're using EWQLSO?
Can't wait to hear the finished product and hopefully it will give me a few ideas on how I can improve my own work

NGXmusical
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jun 2009 20:34 Edited at: 11th Jun 2009 21:02
Thanksand your track is great man.

I am using some kirk campbell origins percussion, EWQLSO,EWQL choirs,Edirol Orchestral and storm drum but mite use other stuff with it.The omnisphere has great choirs, which I think blends well with EWQL choirs for stacking them up.I also stack up the oboe with Edirol Orchestral and EWQLSO because I think the Edirol has this nice vibe oboe, which the EWQLSO doesn't have.You can't go wrong with EWQLO but I think every vst instrument has there own feel to it and somehow they come all together.

Will see what will come up with.
NGXmusical
Years of Service
User Offline
I have finish it and it was really enjoyable to work with your track.Really inspirational and thanks for sharing.

I have added many thing in here.I think we should title it "The Circle Of Light"

I used all the instrument said on my last post.Omnisphere for some vocals, EWQL Choirs, EWQLSO, Edirol Orchestral and storm drum.

Hope you like and tell me if you would like to add stuff to it or if you think what could sound better.

da power pwnerer do you mind if I add this track to NGXmusical music collection thread and I will credit you for your great work mixed with NGXmusical.

Any comments are welcome

Thanks

Attachments

da power pwnerer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jun 2009 04:31
Hey man the track is great The only thing that I would alter in it would probably be the harp volume as it is a tab quiet, but otherwise, fantastic work, especially with the percussion, which I liked a lot

'The Circle of Light' is a perfect name for it so that's fine with me haha I really didn't put much thought into a name anyway, so a name change is a great idea

Of course you can post it on your collection thread! You helped me out with it so yeah I don't have any problems with you posting it

Hopefully we can work together on another track some time in the future.

NGXmusical
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jun 2009 05:02 Edited at: 12th Jun 2009 05:41
Thanks man.Really appreciate it

looking forward to some work of yours also.

I have put more volume on it by mastering the actual mp3 in FLstudio but I still think the harp little low when the percussion plays.Not sure how I can put up the volume on the harp only since its a mp3 file.

I think its way better now.Tell me what you think.

Attachments

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 11:16:32
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 11:16:32