Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DLL Talk / 3D camera view placed on bluegui panel gadget easily.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
The following code demonstrates a simple way to put a 3d camera view onto a blugui panel gadget. The code does show a revolving cube in the camera viewport and the same cube revolving on the panel gadget. I must warn you that the frame rate is exceptionaly bad. I can only achieve 1 fps on my 4 gig intel dual core system with a nvidia geforce 6500 graphics card and 4 gigs system ram. I beleive that this code would work great in a level editor where the 3d view is static or only updated when a change is made to the overall scene.

Anybody that wants to use this code for any reason is welcome to do so without any restrictions.

IF anyone can optimize this code to run faster, I would be interested in how it was optimized because, right now I don't have a clue as to speed this up.

I will be using this code myself as part of my world editor, just not in my game engine unless it can be made to run faster.
Rudolpho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jun 2009 13:08
I posted something similar here. Not sure whether it runs faster though, but it is using lock pixels instead of get image, which may be quicker.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 08:23:08
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 08:23:08